Question Newbie needs advice

I just bought a 2006 XC90 with a little over 100k miles for a very good price and it almost perfect inside and out. I know it has the "Anti-Skid service required" message. I plan to fix myself but there seems to be a lot of conditions that may cause this fault.

First a little about myself

I am an experienced 40 years hobby mechanic working on cars, motorcycles boats and other machinery.
    I am an electrical engineer with a lot of automation and computer experience.

A couple of pieces of advice needed:

1.) It looks like I need a vida dice scanner (not just my simple ELM327 OBDII iPhone scanner) to trace this down. Which one is the best one to buy?
    2.) Any advice on fault tracking for this specific problem is appreciated.

Thanks

Yes you need a VIDA/DICE unit, the one on amazon looks like the one I have and should work fine. The problem you have is often associated with the clock spring in the steering wheel. If it's a loose contact sometimes turning the wheel all the way left or right will clear the problem confirming the clock spring. Mine clears when it's cold, lol!

This guy has helped me a ton in the past. Great service on everything he sells.

https://www.facebook.com/DaveLeachVIDALaptops/