Default Grinding noise from the engine/transmission when accelerating

I have noticed recently a strange grinding noise somewhere from the lower engine compartment when you accelerate from stop. It appears to be RPM related and it sounds like a broken grinder mechanism or something like then. Once the care it set to move it is not there anymore. I did my research and all suggests engine mount problems. So I inspected the car and noticed that the upper torque rod (part 30680474) was in a very bad shape as well as the lower bushing (31277314) on the right site was somewhat worn too. I replaced them both over the weekend and tried the car - same problem; no change in the noise. Then I inspected the left mount (31316875) and it looked good to me. The mount has even a big torx holding the upper part of the rubber to the inside mount section so you can remove them and look all the rubber closely. All seemed to be good. Lastly I checked the right mount (31257674). I did not remove the whole mount, just inspected visually and it seemed to be fine as well.
    Now I am wondering what else could cause this kind of noise? Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by slayer8870 View Post
    a strange grinding noise
    I checked the right mount (31257674).
    If you remove the right mount you will be able to see if it has sagged enough to be metal to metal, and a strange noise is made if so. Have replaced many for low or no speed strange noises.

Its the right side mount. I just changed mine recently at 103k miles.

First signs were a slight grind/rumble sound when drive was engaged from the right side firewall/floor area. Sound got worse and sounded as if the exhaust was broken or rubbing underneath.

My upper torque rod was replaced at 80k so I replaced the lower bushing like you did with no change. Ended up changing the right side mount and that was it. As hoonk had mentioned you will see how the mount has compressed to where the engine bracket will hit the mount housing.

sure thing - this is how mine looked today:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1028.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	49.9 KB 
ID:	8291

BUT even after changing this mount I still have the same noise...I am wondering is it a muffler or driveshaft assembly of some sort...cannot be the transmission since I did an oil flush some 10,000 km ago plus once the car set off the noise is gone and everything seems to be going smoothly...Any ideas?