Over the last several months I had the pleasure of working with Robert Hilton at Hilton Tuning to get my 2010 XC60 T6 tuned. He had approached me about the availability of P3 tuning and offered me a discounted tune in exchange for an honest review and some dyno charts. I took him up on the offer, and started down the rabbit hole of modifying my XC60.

Some background on the car. It's pretty stock 2010 XC60 T6. 2010 was the first production year of the XC60 in the US and 2011 was already a refresh year, and this comes back to bite us as we're working on the tune (more in the review). I have Jetex exhaust installed (whom makes the exhaust for Viva and Snabb) and a K&N air filter. Those constitute the "performance" modifications done to the car so far, but I was able to acquire another downpipe that will be "modified" with a broomstick soon to go stage 2.

You can read the full text of the review here: https://andrewpeng.net/cars/2010-vol...ning-p3-review

However, I'll post the important parts of the review here to save a little time and clicking.

Driveability is excellent; shortly after the car was tuned I took the car to a Volvo meet at the Tail of the Dragon to play with a few C30s, a R32 GT-R, and a V60 Polestar and the car performed flawlessly. On the 2500 mile road trip, there were zero issues with the car. Plenty of highway runs allowed me to test full throttle acceleration, and driving around in the small towns near Fontana Village also showed great part and mid-throttle response. The car hauls hard in part and full throttle, particularly between 2500-4500 RPM.

Back at home in Houston, I put the car on the dyno and verified the power output:

Stock car on the dyno: 252hp and 286lb-ft
Hilton Stage 1 on the same dyno: 264hp and 331lb-ft
Net change: 12hp (~5%) increase in horsepower, and a 45 lb-ft (~16%) increase in torque

The blue line represents a stock XC60 baseline that I had done when I first purchased the car a year ago. The red line represents the Hilton Stage 1 tune. Notice the HUGE gain in usable low and mid RPM range torque - this is the part of the dyno chart that makes the car feel massively more powerful in city and around town driving. There were also modest gains throughout the mid-high RPM range, which you would feel at WOT on the highway.

Recommended? Absolutely. It took me a little longer than normal to get the tune finalized but that was because of some of the quirkyness of the 2010 model year car, to no fault of Rob over at Hilton Tuning. Definitely a worthwhile modification to the car, and I salivate to wonder at what the Stage 2 tune will be able to unlock once I get the downpipe put on!

Product link: https://hiltontuning.com/product/201...70t6-denso-p3/