Default "Reduced Engine Performance" appears under hard acceleration

Hi folks,

I have a 2.0T XC60 (MY2011), essentially a Ford Ecoboost engine mated to a 6speed DCT.

Recently on long trips via highways, I get a "Reduced Engine Performance" message randomly. It almost always appears only under hard acceleration, but the engine doesn't noticeably loses power - it just becomes less responsive and there is a lack of power for overtaking but am otherwise fine cruising at say 140km/hour to 160km/hour under such conditions. The message doesn't ALWAYS appears once I accelerate hard though - it's a bit random and hence hard for me to pinpoint!

Restarting the engine clears the message and power is fully restored. Checking for codes using the Scanlink OBDII bluetooth tool and app doesn't shows any code - even when I check for codes before restarting the engine.

It also only happens at high speeds - i accelerate hard during city driving sometimes but never get such messages. Only when I am on a long trip on the highway and at high speeds.

I have a Racechip One tuning chip (https://www.racechip.eu/shop/volvo/x...9kw-300nm.html) fitted to the car - could this be causing the issue? Or a clogged fuel filter? Dirty Throttle body?

Any ideas what might be the issue? Thanks!

I would remove the racechip and see if that solves the problem.
    Last edited by v70+xc70; 03-16-2017 at 04:08 AM.
    14xc60 3.0T
    03xc70 (Killed 12/16)
    1998 v70 (retired)