Default Crank But No Start 5X

Strange cold start symptoms this am. Good strong cranking with no start for 5 tries,then fired up fine like usual. On each of the bad tries, the battery and upshift arrow lit. No CE light and those two disappeared after the successful startup. Would ring antenna allow cranking but no start? Any ideas? Battery is new January.
    Thanks all.

99 XC 185K.

You have spark and fuel, you need to test which is the issue
    You can test for fuel quite easily.

If it's fuel you may need a fuel pump check valve. Find out which you need and post. If it's fuel I'll link the correct valve to buy.
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

Is the Coolant Temperature Sensor ok?

That's what it was on my 2000 *my first one.

Quote Originally Posted by GearheadTool View Post
    Is the Coolant Temperature Sensor ok?

That's what it was on my 2000 *my first one.
    The CTS allowed it to crank for different intervals of long times, take several tries, eventually fire up fine, until the one day - it was actually Thanksgiving day 2012, heh - and would not start up.. literally after filling up a full tank of Premium gas, and when about to go to a family Thanksgiving gathering. Nice. The car got towed out from that pump and station that day. (Also, with a brand new 1000+ CCA battery installed less than a month or so ago, in preparation for a cold New England winter !! and of course full tank of gas.)