Default Should I buy the 2016 XC70??

Hi All,
    Sold my 2009 XC70, it was a sad day for me then and now thinking of getting back into another XC70.
    Anyone know why did Volvo stop producing this model?
    The 2016 comes with a 2.0T, seem kind a small engine for that heavy car.
    Any thoughts are much appreciated.
    Kent
    Last edited by kentchan; 01-26-2017 at 01:47 PM. Reason: typo correction

The 2.0 is only in the FWD models only and is also direct injected.
    The AWD has the 2.5T. We ended up getting the '16XC 70 ( from an '01)
    After having the '01 for 10 years, never thought we'd be buying nearly the same car. Personally, did not like the looks or size of the XC90, and the XC60 interior is just that bit smaller upfront, but I noticed it. Prefer the lower stance, I see too many higher SUVs flippped on the road in our winters. Not saying that the 60 or 90 would do that, just prefer the lower stance and long wheelbase. It's my wife's car, I only get to use it on long trips. Lots of technology in the '16 vs an '01. Was never a fan of all this computer stuff in a car, but that is the way it is today. After lots of thought, I've come to appreciate all the collision avoidance technology and it turned out to be one of our reasons for buying. After driving it home for 350 miles, it is an amazing ride and the car looks out for you. The adaptive cruise is great. Now I wish it would send reminders to those people that always seem to gravitate to your rear bumper, now matter which speed you are going.
    My wife thought it was a bit less powered than the xc60, but after driving it now for 2 months she has no complaints.
    I would not wait too long, there are very few left. We got the nice Volvo year end deal. We had to drive 350 miles to find one equipped like we wanted and of course in my wife's color choice. I believe they are just moving it to a new platform, so it's being replaced with a different model,number at more $. If you really want more power, find an '15 with 6 cyl,turbo. Lots more horsepower. I'm am happy with the '16 XC70 for daily driving and long trips. The YE deals were so good on the '16 and was not much more than a good used '15. Good luck!

Thanks for the feedback... found an Ex-Rental car with about 35K KM on it and looked kind of beat up as you would expect from a rental car. Very basic features though..
    Anyways, the hunt goes on

Volvo seems to want to focus the XC branding on SUVs. Plan B seems to be getting a V series wagon in AWD. But no 70 as you point out.
    14xc60 3.0T
    03xc70 (Killed 12/16)
    1998 v70 (retired)