Default P0026 and p0027 codes 06 2.5T

Where do I start? I've read that the oil pan gaskets wearing out can sometimes cause that flux in pressure but am not sure if I should try changing those and cleaning out the pan or if there's other easier things to check first.
    Last edited by SammyBoy608; 01-24-2017 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SammyBoy608 View Post
    1. Is next step replacing both solenoids?
    2. I got a message "no oil pressure stop safely" that was coming on when I went through corners
    1. No, don't replace parts unless you can prove they are bad. (you can monitor cam position in VIDA) and both won't be bad at the same time - unless you are very unlucky.
    2. If you have low oil pressure you can get cam position/solenoid codes - that's how the cams change timing - with oil pressure. (no oil pressure = no change=cam codes)

Lack of oil pressure while cornering is usually caused by lack of oil in the engine. You need to solve your low oil pressure problems first, they are more serious than cam position.

I am getting codes p0026 and P0027 on my 2006 2.5T.
    I pulled both solenoids and cleaned them with degreaser and deleted the codes. They both showed back up. Also I got a "no oil pressure stop safely" message intermittently while I was driving through corners it would just flash on quick and then was gone. Checked oil level and it's good. Drove the next day on the same road and that message never showed up. Just the check engine light for the 2 codes. Car seems to drive fine no obvious noises or decrease in power. Is next step replacing both solenoids? Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks!