Default Looking at High Mileage 2008 3.2 -- coming from a P2 XC70

I am just starting to explore this generation XC, and I'm curious to learn more about the generational updates, and the particular disadvantages of certain years and the 3.2 vs 3.0 Where to start reading?

I am also looking at a 2008 with very high mileage that is in quite nice shape and does have some service records. But, again, not sure what these cars need at a certain point in time.

We may have been looking at the same car, but we never made the drive to see it in person due to distance. Did you see it or buy it?

I have a 02 XC70 that recently lost all the oil. I also have an 07 XC90 with the 3.2. Just yesterday bought a 08 XC70 with the 3.2 to replace the P2. The ride of the 08 is definitely better than the P2 and with the dual exhaust makes the 3.2 come alive as compared to the XC90. I had recently put new tires on the P2 and now my question is if the P2 wheels will fit on the 08. I know the tire size is the same. Then there is also the TPM on the 08. I do not know if the sensor is in the valve stem or the cap. I think the 07 XC90 has the TPM sensor in the cap.

P2 and P3 have different center hole and and off set dimensions. If I recall correctly the P2 center hole is smaller.

TPMS. Google search shows that the sensor is part of the valve stem.

I've been looking at wheels for my new-to-me 08 XC70. What I discovered the that the center hub dimensions are different from the P2 to the P3. I think the P3 uses a smaller center hub, so P2 wheel's don't fit without some machining.... That said, you may be able to swap the tires over if the outer diameter of the tire is the same. Edit @sslcarman made me double check - the P2 center hub is 65.1mm and the P3 is 63.4 (see https://www.wheel-size.com/size/volvo/xc70/).

The TPMS sensor is at the end of the valve stem, inside the tire. Same with your XC90 AFAIK. I've never seen a factory sensor in the cap, they are always on the inside rim, like this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fullsize_6939.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	58.3 KB 
ID:	8134
    The right hand end is the tire cap, the rectangular part is inside the tire.

HTH,

Chris.
    Last edited by ckm; 02-08-2017 at 10:05 PM.
    2008 Volvo XC70 - Barents Blue/Black (belongs to my dog, actually)