Default 850 CCA ok for a Battery

Or go lower CCA on a new battery as same at 600 CCA ?
    Last edited by Sierra; 12-11-2016 at 08:47 PM.

Wanted and Optima Yellow Top = But apparently none of them from the Optima Site are compatible for the X/C 70.

I always liked as much capacity as possible. Get the H8 battery with the most CA/CCA you can find and never worry.

EDIT: If you want to spend money, look into an Odyssey battery. Great stuff, but you pay accordingly. I'd argue that it's probably not worth it. A lithium battery would be insane, but it would save you some weight. hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend View Post
    I always liked as much capacity as possible.
    Me too. I had the biggest/strongest battery installed that was available when I bought the car 13 years ago.
    It battery is still in good working order!
    144 GL (1974)--->244 GL (1982)--->940 GLE 2.3i (1992)--->XC70 2.5T (2004)--->XC90 T5 (2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    Me too. I had the biggest/strongest battery installed that was available when I bought the car 13 years ago.
    It battery is still in good working order!
    I just picked up a Diesel battery for my V70 today (well, ordered it online). The H6 was slow starting the car in 23f this morning. That makes me nervous.

Got the AC Delco that is Stock with the breather tube.
    Receipt is in the car - But I believe it was a 58 something.

Have a coworker I carpool with and her mom works a local auto parts store. Battery was $189 and I was out the door for $131 with her employee discount - four year warrenty and it is 770 CCA I believe.

Other battery was an Interstate 700 CCA and was less than two years old - according to the stamp markings on it.
    2001 X/C 70 - Youngest son's car for someone that is 6'10" tall - and it fits him like a glove.