Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks again and I'll follow your advice. I found the pump gets in the way and I already dropped a T25 bit under the pump, when the pulley rotates. I'll reinstall the belt to keep the pulley stationary and that should work.

Default Finished My Replacement Job

I finally completed a similar job; replacing water pump, power steering pump, serpentine belt, high pressure power steering hose and idler & tensioner pullies. I found this to be a very labor intensive job and almost as if the designers wanted to discourage the DIY mechanic. I tend to work slowly due to my age, unfamiliarity and the fact I have to build up a fire inside my garage before I can do a few hours work. Consequently this job took me almost 3 weeks to perform; estimating it took me 20-30 hours to complete. If you're having the job done at a dealership or non-Volvo garage, I strongly suggest you get a written estimate before committing to the job.

I also took my time to find the best price on parts online; some are identical to those used on Land Rovers, some are OEM while others are generic. Excluding the cost of the OEM power steering high pressure hose, you are looking at approximately $250 USD for the parts. I can provide part numbers and what I paid if interested.

Glad this is behind me and I can now have the satisfaction of the possible failing components are now renewed. My mileage on my 2008 XC70 is 127,000km and that's about 76,000 miles
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New-parts.jpg  
    Last edited by CVOLVO; 01-05-2017 at 04:07 PM. Reason: add picture

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12