Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Overland to and then a tour around Morocco. Winter 2016-2017

Quote Originally Posted by ssicarman View Post
    Some desolate looking country side you passed through on this section.
    Very much so, while Mobile Phone Signal was 'patchy' at times, and not seeing many vehicles and even less people, it would have been one heck of a walk if you had any 'problems'!

BUT I guess someone would have said........
    'Get on Yer Bike' and fingers crossed for no punctures as we rode along!

Overland to Morocco.
    Winter 2016-2017

Stage 15C – A few pictures from in and around Ouarzazate

The Camping Municipal site!,,,,,,

As we set off on a walk to the Supermarket to get some groceries we could see this ‘white backdrop’ in the distance!…..

So I zoomed in a little bit and nearly dropped the camera as we have never seen the Atlas Mountains with so much snow on in the time we have been coming here!……

This house with the strange roof is taking shape albeit slowly……

Looking over some of the rooftops……

While it looks like this family like collecting plastic bottles on theirs......

Nice building but seems to be unoccupied……

Army accommodation……

One section/block……

While this is all of them, as there is a large army contingent in this town……

Congress Hall…….

As we got to the far end of town this was the view that met us!……

After the bricks are built, then the rendering is applied by hand BUT don’t get to close as you could end up getting ‘rendered’ as well the way it is thrown onto the wall!......

Nice little town park……

Nice design on this front door......

As we then head into……

Then back at the campsite we take off in the opposite direction and find this business making tiles in the car’s garage!……

His ‘stock’ is across the road and is perfectly safe……

These steps are one way up to a Hotel Entrance, but they don’t tell you to bring a small lightweight suitcase!……

While a hundred yards further along the road is this……

Simple but effective front on this house……

The lake on the far side of the town while the water in it seems to be lower than last year……

Back we go towards the campsite along one of the streets……

As we very nearly got stuck in a ‘dead end’ with this strange shaped house ......

With the 4 tall metal chimneys this was either the Hamman or it was the Bakery of the Boulangerie……

The lady was cleaning the area around the front door and we could see really well inside, so I asked as it looked so nice if I could take a picture as we had never really seen inside before, and she said ‘Yes’!......

While a bit further along this door was shut but it still looked nice……

That’s it from here, we are back on the road tomorrow for the very short run to Skoura and Amridil Camping to spend a few days with our good Moroccan friend.

The Moroccans are also telling us that this is the coldest winter they can remember as the temperature drops to -3C tonight!
    While the Atlas Mountains has reportedly had another 1meter of SNOW dumped on them as the temperature up there drops to -11C!!!
    Currently the road from here to Marrakech is closed to large vehicles as they are only allowing cars to go through……

Good night!

Overland to Morocco.
    Winter 2016-2017

Stage 16 – The very short trip from Ouarzazate to Skoura

While it was -?C outside last night, when we got up and looked at the thermometer INSIDE the ‘TinTent’ this morning is was -2C in here!
    It is no wonder the Moroccan people over here are telling us that it is the coldest winter they can remember……

When I went outside to start getting ‘Flamenco Red’ ready for the next stage this is what I found when I looked at the windscreen from inside which I think are the raindrops that came down yesterday afternoon for about 30 seconds!……

As we then got back on the road and went around this ‘traffic island’ (The computer voice in the TomTom keeps calling them ‘Rotaries’!) there was this sculpture in the middle …..

The open road on a FREEZING morning and the white capped mountains in the distance……

Up in ‘Them thar hills’ it was we understand down to -11C last night while the road over to Marrakech is closed to all but small cars as the passage that has been cut out in the snow is not very wide…..

It might be freezing outside, but it didn’t stop these lads from having their Sunday Football Match!……

Call in for a ‘Fill Up’ and it took 5 attempts to get the fuel pump running to fill the tank on ‘Flamenco Red’, The cold weather was affecting the electrics in the garage!......

Roadside stall selling various baskets made from palm tree leaves……

As we then arrived at Camping Amridil having got set up and the temperature had risen a few degrees I got up on the roof of reception to get some closer pictures……

Off to the Souk in Skoura tomorrow to try and get some items we need……

Good night!

Your mountains almost have as much snow as ours do.

Quote Originally Posted by ssicarman View Post
    Your mountains almost have as much snow as ours do.
    That's nice!
    But I'm glad we don't have your much lower temperatures even though we have both the Gas & Electric Heaters running this morning!

The inside of the 'TinTent' was down to -5C (23F) at 07:00hrs this morning, and as my nose was the only part of me outside the covers it was rather 'fragile' with the cold before I got the heating on!

This is very exceptionally cold weather for over here though!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789