Default Flat tow with car running in neutral???

If you have the car running and in neutral is it possible to flat tow? I'm new to volvos and awd systems but from what I have read and understand it seems possible I have to make a 18 mile tow the motor works great but I did the unthinkable.... I put a smaller size tires on my volvo (please understand it was an emergency situation I put a 185x15 on the front left with 3 205x16 tires) the car suddenly started shuddering and I pulled over immediately.... I spoke with a few friends with volvo saying I probably damaged the axels because of the missing matched tires... I can not afford a flat bed tow so if I get the right size rim and tire to match the other 3 start the car put it into neutral is it possible to flat tow at 55 mph for 14 miles home where I can put the car on stands and replace what I've damaged without causing more problems.... please let me know asap any advice to my specific would be best I don't need lectures or advice on anything else as far as mechanics go I just need to know I won't completely destroyed my wife's car!

No, that method will make no difference at all.
    You'll kill the AWD if it's not already trashed.
    All the important stuff is between the tranny
    and the tires. Find a way to get a flatbed.

'98 " Last of the Good Ones!" V70 R
    Upsolute ECU - E-Codes/SilverStars - ArcticGrade Oil Lines - HD SkidPlate - Spoiler - XC Grill -

I disconnected the rear drive shafts and tow dollied it home now my next question is what's the next step to convert to fwd remove the bevel gear ? The seals blew out on us as we were driving had violent shudders now I can move the car but I still hear a clicking in the drive train is this because the rear axels are still hooked in or something in the transfercase? I am a mechanic just not familiar with awd yet!