Default '99 V70XC running issue, seems like a clogged cat, but I don't think it is.

The car in question has 204,000 on it. The ETS light has been on for many, many miles. The CEL was on so long it burned out. That being said....
    At least 3 times in the last month the car will start, idle rough, and it won't rev past 2,000 rpm. If it's driven, it won't exceed 10 mph. It almost seems like c clogged cat (or a major vacuum leak), but then the next time it's started, it will be fine.
    I have removed the ETS module and cleaned it, thinking I had a bad joint in the intake/intercooler tubing, but when I put it back together it had the same issue. It sat for a few days, I started it today, and it ran fine.
    I suspected a clogged cat, but I don't think that the issue would be intermittent if that was the case.
    I'm looking to sell the car ASAP, we recently purchased an '06 XC90, but I would like to fix the problem so I can sell it as a running car.
    The current fleet:
    2006 Volvo XC90 T5
    1992 Audi S4
    2007 525xi
    1988 VW Scirocco 16v (autocrosser)

Quote Originally Posted by bronson75 View Post
    204,000 on it. ETS light has been on..

won't rev past 2,000 rpm.
    won't exceed 10 mph.
    You have a bad throttle module - What codes are stored?

Currently none, but recently I've been getting the P0442 catalyst efficiency code.
    Went out and tried to start it today after work, it just cranked, but didn't start. If my ETM is in fact dead, I won't be fixing it. I'll sell it for whatever I can get for it.
    The current fleet:
    2006 Volvo XC90 T5
    1992 Audi S4
    2007 525xi
    1988 VW Scirocco 16v (autocrosser)