Default Looking to buy a an XC90. Any advise as to what to look for or avoid?

I have an 2004 xc70 with 200k, absolutely love it. A new member has been to our family and now I need the bigger model. Any advise will be much appreciated.
    2004 XC70 2.5 T5 AWD 150K Mobil 1
    2000 VW Passat Wagon V6 150K Castrol
    2000 Tacoma PreRunner 190K Castrol
    2000 Isuzu Trooper 4WD 140K Castrol

We just upgraded our aging '99 V70XC to a 2006 XC90 over the weekend. What I learned when I researched was avoid the T6 at all costs. The GM-sourced transmission WILL FAIL, and isn't cheap or easy to replace. We settled on the 2.5 T5, the V8 was too much, and around here, not very plentiful (actually, the majority of the XC90s in my area for sale are T6s). I've learned the T5/5 speed auto drivetrain is pretty bulletproof. If you can, make sure you get service records, or at least the last time the timing belt was changed. All in all, their reliable, comfortable, fairly efficient, and they are the safest SUV on the planet.
    Look into them, drive a few, and get the most you can for your money.
    The current fleet:
    2006 Volvo XC90 T5
    1992 Audi S4
    2007 525xi
    1988 VW Scirocco 16v (autocrosser)

We have a 2004 XC70 and just added a 2008 XC90 V8 Sport to the stable. We love it. I heard the same things as above, avoid the T6! I also heard the T6 for 2010 and 2011 has problems with the piston rings. Not a good sign. Stick with the T5 or V8 newer than 2005 and you are good to go.

I have a fleet of Volvos...from what I've read, and taking the advice I've read, I avoided the XC90 with the T6 Engine.. I do have a 2000 S80 T6 twin turbo with the GM transmission.. The car has 209k on the clock...I got it free 5 years ago with a box of parts...got it running and haven't looked back. (Knock on wood) Recently i bought a 2005 XC90 T5...Also with a box of torn down parts. Installed new VVT Hub orings, Camshaft seals, PCV system, WP, Timing Belt, Engine mounts, Crankshaft seal (front) Rewired ignition coil pack wiring, replaced the Alarm batteries, got new sunroof drains, new Antiskid sensor , cleared all the code with VIDA... It was worth all the work I did just in learning the in's and out's of the 90... I only paid a little above salvage value...$825 for it in non running condition...But I have put over 2500 miles on it since getting it on the road and are actually on a an out of town trip as I type with it. The only thing left is a popping Ball joint on the passenger side... as far as nice, I rank it @ 200%.. I can only speak for MY T6 however..I've heard the horror stories but i have enjoyed mine since putting it on the road... I will say the AWD XC90's I think have that Haldex system in the rear...and anything modulized that causes trouble will be a pain in the ass with getting parts married to the CEM etc. I like it plain and simple...Grocery getter sunday cruiser.. for Snow I have a full sized 4x4 chevy.

Our XC90 T6 with about 125k on it needed a new trans around 40k (?). It was under warranty so no loss, but I understand transmission failure with XC 90 is common.