Exclamation break failure, anti-skid service, aux cord ERROR MSG - 167,98,42,124 & P1701, U0001

Hello,
    I recently replaced the AUX cord in my 2008 Volvo XC90 sport. While waiting for the part to come in, I received three messages simultaneously
    1. break system failure - pull over safely
    2. anti skid service required
    3. headlamp failure

The car drove fine for awhile, and I knew I did not need brakes as they were just replaced a few months back, but then after being at a stop sign, the car would bogg down and would slowly accelerate and then act like it was stuck in 3rd or 4th gear. After installing the new aux cord port in the cup holder, the messages immediately reset themselves during the first drive. Then a few days later, the same messages popped back up (all three, with the same driving symptoms). The dashboard codes were 167, 98, 42 ,124. I also had O'reilly's pulls codes however they did not make sense. The codes from O'Reilly's were P1701 " Reverse Engagement Error - Signal Plans, Failure Algorythm" and U0001 "High Speed Controller Error - Network Communication". Once the codes were cleared and reset, the car was back to normal ... no messages, drove fine. A week later, the same codes have come back up.

Any insight or suggestions as to what is happening? The nearest Volvo dealership is 50 miles away, and they aren't the most knowledgeable group of folks. I end up telling them what to look at.

Thanks!

Did some more searching and checking. This post is very similar to what is occurring with my vehicle. http://www.matthewsvolvosite.com/for...ic.php?t=38336
    The odometer is not working, the speedometer is sporadically working, the instant fuel, avg mph etc quit working as well. The car is dragging when I drive it like someone is pressing the break, or it is stuck in a low gear. This was happening before, but when the codes were cleared an no error messages, the vehicle worked like it was new until several days to a week later when the messages suddenly appeared again while driving. I'm pretty confident a sensor or the ABS module is the problem so I brought it to a local tire shop that replaced the breaks three months ago to see what they could find out.

Volvo has had the vehicle for two (2) days. I had to have the vehicle towed there and dropped off. They claim there was not enough power for VIDA to read what was happening. They are ordering a CEM and won't have the vehicle ready until the part comes in. They are estimating 6 more days (can't do anything over the week-end). They are estimating $1500 and have NO LOANER vehicle for me. Welcome to OKC. I had to leave two voice messages just for someone to return my call.

Well I just received my car back! The OKC dealer could not find anything wrong with it . They ordered a new CEM module but when they tried to install it the car wouldn't recognize it, so they put the old one back in and the car worked fine once they reloaded the CEM. They couldn't reproduce any errors so I picked up the car and paid for a CEM reload and two hours of labor. If the errors reoccur, they will charge me for an additional two hours of labor. Hoping this was just a software bug.

Sounds like intermittent CEM failure. We had the problem on our 2004 XC70. I removed the CEM and sent to XeMODeX. They transfer the vehicle information to a refurbished CEM. Easy plug and play. 3+ years and no repeat issues. Much less than $1500.