Default Polestar upgrade

Got a quote from the dealer for approx. $1,200 for the upgrade on my 2013 XC60 T6. Is that worth it? Couldn't seem to find a thread that was wholeheartedly for it. Tow a small utility trailer on occasion but mainly is my commuter.
    TJ
    93 850 GLT (Kid's drive it now)--->05 XC70, Ash Gold
    Sports Package with Four-C Active Chassis (Kid's drive it now)--->13 XC60, Platinum Plus with Tech and 19" rims

Dealer COST is about $625 (plus labor to install it) try to make a deal
    I pay high $600s for a Polestar tune (again, plus 1/2 hour to install it)

You need to talk with the PARTS manager no one else to try to make a deal
    Yes, the tune is nice
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

Quote Originally Posted by JRL View Post
    Dealer COST is about $625 (plus labor to install it) try to make a deal
    I pay high $600s for a Polestar tune (again, plus 1/2 hour to install it)

You need to talk with the PARTS manager no one else to try to make a deal
    Yes, the tune is nice
    This is actually really good to know because I emailed my Salesman about this just yesterday and he gave me a quote for $1,153.59 today. Said on the sheet that labor was $67.34. I feel like that's definitely steep because it's just a software upgrade. Do you have any sources that list the dealer cost to better make my case?

My quote was in Canadian dollars so essentially around $800 US. I think there is definitely a little bargaining room.
    TJ
    93 850 GLT (Kid's drive it now)--->05 XC70, Ash Gold
    Sports Package with Four-C Active Chassis (Kid's drive it now)--->13 XC60, Platinum Plus with Tech and 19" rims

Quote Originally Posted by whatruckus View Post
    This is actually really good to know because I emailed my Salesman about this just yesterday and he gave me a quote for $1,153.59 today. Said on the sheet that labor was $67.34. I feel like that's definitely steep because it's just a software upgrade. Do you have any sources that list the dealer cost to better make my case?

Why would you ask a SALESMAN who's job is to rake you over the coals any way he can and it's not his area.
    Go directly to the parts MANAGER and try to make a deal. Try to word it such that he either will make a fair deal with you and he will make something... or otherwise nothing ... if he sticks to retail.
    Explain this logic to him. Some people do not seem to understand this
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)