Default 2004 XC70 Strut Replacement

I have a beloved 2004 XC70 I was able to wrestle away from my ex-wife.
    However, I was just informed by my mechanic that it needs new front end struts and recommended replacement with "quick struts" at the tune of $1500 with wheel alignment.
    All things considered I don't feel it is worth dumping that amount of cash into just the suspension. I found ProParts quick struts on eEuroparts for $220 each and SenSen speed struts on CarID for $140 each..with the intention of doing the work myself.
    Has anyone ever had any experience with quick/speed struts? If so, does anyone have recommendations for either brand, ProParts or SenSen?

my thoughts ..... and one I have come to realise at a cost ..... the original lasted 12 years so stick with that and you cant go wrong. I changed my spring seats and top mounts recently with OE, not very difficult and yes i needed a few extra tools like a spring compressor but saved lots of money by doing it myself, I also get satisfaction from doing it (i feel) better than a local garage as I can do extra little bits like cleaning/painting/replacing bits that a garage wouldn't touch. I have never changed suspension components before this and I am getting more confident with every job I do.

Thank you for your recommendation. I have done car repairs in the past, but like you, never any suspension components. Good point on going with OE, the integrity is certainly there.

As long as you have a capable spring compressor it's a snap and if you're experienced you should be able to do the pair in an hour or so.
    Make sure everything is new:
    Spring seats, strut bellows, etc.
    The bearing plates should be OK at your low miles.

If you mark it you may hit it right on the mark on re-assembly and not need an alignment or at least it will be close enough so you can do the alignment at your leisure... not the next day!
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

When I did my wifes 03xc70 due to a broken front spring, it was truly a PIA job even with a strut compressor at my buddy's shop. Couldn't find any loaded struts (ie from top bearing down) and so had to order the parts individually on line. Dealer parts cost was ludicrous as I suspect you found out.
    14xc60 3.0T
    03xc70 (Killed 12/16)
    1998 v70 (retired)

Looking forward to getting this baby back on the road, she has a lot of good life left in her...new transmission around 80000 (under extended warranty repair ) and timing belt and water pump assembly around 105000...Looking to hit at least 250K.