Default Is Volvo quality good?

I want to buy a car. I want to know how the Volvo quality? Hope everyone give some good advice .

Quote Originally Posted by ziyixue View Post
    I want to buy a car. I want to know how the Volvo quality? Hope everyone give some good advice .
    Hmm..Volvos are comfortable and EXTREMELY safe.

What do you mean EXACTLY by "quality"?
    There are good models and model and some very bad models and model years!
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

As JRL said, every car maker has ups and downs as new regulations and new tech come into the car.
    Also, maintenance and care are paramount.
    There are A LOT of Volvos out there that will tend to be great cars, we have a 1990 that has NEVER had anything beyond routine, scheduled maintenance and it keeps on running and passing emission tests.

The answer to your question needs a model, range of years, or a price range you are looking in for a better answer.

As Bill Clinton said,
    "It depends upon what the meaning of the word is, is."

What year and model Volvo with which particular engine, compared with what make, model, year, and particular engine setup.
    Are we comparing it to your previous car experience, or that of someone else' experience?

Are we comparing it to a Bentley, Saturn, Mini or Kia?

I will say this...Volvo owners have been very loyal for a reason.

In my opinion, personally believe, from the experience that I have had, that Volvo has made good, solid cars overall to this point.
    Emphasis on solid.
    *2005 Ice White XC70
    444K miles and...well...
    Driving the 08 V70 right now.

"Ah! There is nothing like the smell of burning British electrical components in the morning!"

Yes Volvo is good quality. At least if you put safety first.

I have owned 11 Volvos (all purchased used), and the quality and engineering are very good. The service infrastructure is there to support cars up to about 20 years old. The safety design is top notch. However, you must budget for yearly maintenance to keep these cars running. A budget of $2k per year for a 10-15 year old Volvo is about average (unless you do your own shop work).

It first depends on what years and models you are looking at. There were some dark days (for almost all manufacturers) from the mid 1990's to the mid 2000's. Since then, Volvo has had very few issues. One part of this is regular, scheduled maintenance, as it really is with any car. We have a 2012 XC70 T6 with 136,000 miles and it has had only scheduled maintenance, not a single breakdown or repair to date. Specific years and models you are interested in help answer your question and looking for cars with maintenance history always helps. We currently own 6 Volvos, including a 1984 242, a 1990 745, a 1991 245, a 1991 945T, a 2012 XC70 T6, and a 2017 V60 T5.