Default Oil Leak from Vacuum Pump for Brake Booster

Hi guys, I noticed a few drops of oil on my garage the other day and had gotten the engine oil low indicator a few days prior to that. Looked under the hood, beneath the car and found that oil had been leaking from somewhere on the driver side (U.S.) of the engine, looked to be in a relatively high position within the engine bay.

Took it to the dealership and was informed that the leak was coming from the vacuum pump for the brake booster. They said they are getting the seal repair kit and will fix it today.

My question, if anyone can enlighten me, is whether I need to worry about the vacuum pump and/or booster's performance going forward because of the leak? I am presuming that they are not going to replace the pump or booster because of a leak from the seal (again I'm presuming that there's a bad gasket or seal between the pump and engine that's causing the leak).

Thanks in advance for any input.
    2010 XC60 Polestar T6 AWD
    2001 Volvo V70 XC (traded- in)
    1985 Volvo DL (died 280K mi.)
    1998 BMW M3/4 (rear-ended by cabbie...totaled)

Vacuum pump leaks on the 3.2 engines are very common. There was not a seal kit available for a few years so the only solution was a new pump for about $400 plus labor! The vacuum pump usually leaks from the outer cover, not the seal between the engine and the pump. That same brand of pump is used on vw/audis and they leak also.