Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

You need to get DiCE working before you connect it to the OBDII port, or indeed a DC source. The drivers should be present before Dice is connected. Once you connect DiCE, then the option to update the firmware becomes relevant. The update is from the net not the install media. I agree with other posters that first base is to completely uninstall all drivers related to DiCE before re-installation of drivers. I wouldn't use XP in VM. Windows 7 Pro or Ultimate with IE 9 is a great way to go. Provided the installation is done with Administrative rights things will go fine.
    MY01 Ocean Race XC70 Blue/Silver

Quote Originally Posted by billr99 View Post
    I've used a separate 12VDC power supply from an old external harddrive housing I had laying around. The plug polarity is the ring is negative and the tip is positive, output is 12VDC, 2amps.
    Haha, never though to look in my drawer of misfit electronics, I'm sure I've three or four of power supplies in there. I'm aware that the DiCE unit requires 12VDC, I was just asking what source ColinW had his connected to.

Thanks
    2005 XC70 Crystal Green | Hilton | 16T | Bad Swede | 130k miles

Mystery solved on my DiCE unit. Tried a friends unit on my PC and it connected straight away and I was able to reset my transmission fluid levels and have a look around at my long list of DTCs. Tried my DiCE on his PC and nothing, no connection, same blank look from Windows

Sending my unit back to the supplier and he is kindly replacing it.

Thanks for all of your helpful suggestions

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123