Smile 2010 and later years BMW X3 2.8i vs XC60 or XC70 T6 reliability

Hi everybody,
    We are considering buying a 2014 BMW x3 2.8i or a 2014 XC60 or XC70 T6.
    I have done a lot of research, test drove the cars.
    The question for the forum is about the long term reliability of the BMW vs the Volvo's.
    Does anybody know if there is any info somewhere (statistics, etc.) regarding the mechanical, electrical, etc. issues.
    Basically try to figure out the true cost of 10 years or so ownership.
    Thanks to all.
    2003 XC70
    2002 S60 2.4T

For longevity, I vote for Volvo. For driveability, the BMW usually wins. But a rougher ride for sure.

I just traded my '04 X3 for an '11 XC 60. The X3 was spectacular but once you become aware of the repair costs for X Drive or the VANOS or darn near anything else it becomes a scary proposition. I feel much better now with a car that is more comfortable, almost as much fun and does not terrify me to own.

I have been following UK and European reliability figures, which I guess should apply to the US as well. The results vary quite a lot - random variation I guess. Volvo XC60s and XC70s usually score average or slightly better than average. The BMW x3 usually scores average or slightly worse than average. So I'd day they're much the same, but the Volvo is probably slightly better. Also, another consideration is that the BMW costs more to repair.

(My personal situation is that I have owned two Audis and a BMW which gave disappointing reliability - and really alarming repair costs - and now I have a 2010 Volvo XC60, which has been totally reliable, but I've only had it a year so I can't really be sure yet.)

You might have to Google reliability stats to see actual figures - unfortunately some are not publicly available, such as the UK "Which" magazine results, which you have to be a paid-up member to see. I trust the Which results, and they found Volvo to be better than BMW.