Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

and you can probably buy a used lower light for that, maybe a few bucks more.
    Swap and be done with it
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

I saw this thread, as I the driver's side has gone out on my xc70. rather than replacing, i thought to simply disable the passenger side. no big loss. any thoughts on how to do that?

The leds are out on the driver side and when I went into the local dealership they said the bumper had to come off to access the light group. It sounded a bit strange to me and I was sure I smelt manure and heard banjos. I'll check this out locally after finding the solution here on the Forum. I've got an 05 XC70 and I've spent a lot on it since buying it used and not maintained. I had a beautiful 01 V70 until this time last year when a squall hit Toronto and the V70 couldn't float or swim. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wmsoller View Post
    I saw this thread, as I the driver's side has gone out on my xc70. rather than replacing, i thought to simply disable the passenger side. no big loss. any thoughts on how to do that?
    Nab a set from the junkyard and replace the inoperable side, or just nip the wires (if they don't just unplug) on the passenger side.

I got my local guy to pull the left rear tail light and there were no LEDs at all. This light had been purchased from Volvo in the last year, but they didn't bother to tell us and I didn't think to ask if the LEDs were included. Obviously not. I can find this part in the US, but it seems no one ships to the Great White North, so now I have to deal with my local crooks.
    My thanks to the Forum for the assembly links so that I didn't get sucked in by the dealership and have the bumper removed. And people think the stock market is a shady place. LOL

Just completed the LED installation on the back left tail light. Once all the plastic trim is out of the way, its a piece of cake to plug it in and yes, I did test it before putting all the trim back. My thanks to all contributors for the many useful links and sage advise that got this job done properly. I hope I can help in the future. Now, about those quarter panel side lights.
    Thanks Dubya for the parts numbers. In Toronto the single "Diode Bridge" was $117 and not available from the U.S.

They are avail in the U.S., as someone previously provided the part numbers: Right side: 8663867, Left side: 30674783, and avail at any Volvo dealer...... at a price of course. Tasca in RI is about 53.00, volvo parts webstore is about 57.00, Irol in AZ is about 55.00, etc. plug in Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tasca.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	7878 (Tasca photo)

Holy thread-resurrect, batman! I still hold that the junk yard is the best bet. LEDs rarely fail.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12