Question 2001 XC70 tranny dead...in the market for replacement '05-'07

Fellow XC70 enthusiasts!
    My 2001 V70 XC finally bit the bullet and it's transmission has failed now for a 3rd (and final time). The first two I had replaced while still under warranty, and from the last installation to this failure I have gotten a little over 100K miles on it the tranny (mileage at ~175K currently) and it will just be too expensive to repair. Had considered a really cheap "used" (not factory rebuilt) transmission install to buy some more time with it, but really I am now looking for a new one in the model years that apparently didn't have so many issues. From a bit of reading here and elsewhere it appears for reliability, the XC70 from '05-'07 are good choices. I have located an '07 locally to me that I will check out tomorrow, but I am a little concerned about the high mileage on it but it may be that this was a commuter car and highway miles. All else seems good on it (will test drive tomorrow to know for sure) and the price seems pretty reasonable. I am asking if any Volvo owners out there care to comment and offer suggestions for what to do with my old 2001. I almost want to part it out but don't have time for that. I am keen on stealing the cup holder that pops out next to radio and sticking in another '05-'07 with the "hole" but not sure it would fit.
    Let me know of good ideas here as I didn't expect to be in the market for another car this weekend. Here is the one I am looking at right now. Thoughts??

Cheers,
    Dubhead
    North Bend, WA

That's the exact XC70 I was trying to find when I was out buying mine! Looks like a well taken care of (from the pictures) two owner vehicle. Not a bad price either. If it drives fine, doesn't make any weird noises, and all the fluids look good then I'd give them $11,000-$11,500 and call it a day.

Your cup holder should fit, they didn't change the geometries of the dash between '01-'07.
    I'd also recommend just listing your '01 on craigslist for like $5,000-$7,000, say it needs trans work, and use it to fund that '07. You will probably need to put work into the '07 from the get-go though. Can't forget it's still a Volvo. My '07 is at 80,000 miles and it's fine but now but I barely drive it and the CPO put in around $8,000 worth of various repairs in the last last 2 years. That was all stuff the first owner (a lessee) just didn't care to fix during their 4 years or 55K mile enjoyment of the vehicle.
    2010 Fusion Sport | Tint 70/20 | LED Lighting | OE Aluminum Pedals | Steeda Strut Tie Bar | Intake Resonator Delete | Steeda Rear Sway Bar | ...
    2014 Expedition | 4x4 | Limited | Loaded | Stock
    2015 S60 T6 AWD R-Design Platinum w/ Polestar | Stock for now...

That car is the exact one I tried to negotiate with online. I live in St. Louis but transport costs make it higher than I can afford. It does look nice as it has been optioned with rare xenons. Best of luck and PM me if you happen to seal the deal.

01-04 cupholders do NOT fit 05-07s
    It's quite different when you look at them side to side, out of the car
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

Thanks for the confirmation on the cupholder JRL! Alas, I have traded-in my 2001 V70 XC over the weekend ($1800!!) for a 2013 Nissan LEAF SL (w/premium pkg). It was a tough move for me as I love the car but practicality of fixing it is out the window and I was not successful in getting any bites on trade-ins on a used vehicle (I knew that was a long shot). In any event, I am very pleased with the LEAF purchase ($34560 final price) and the value I got out of my Volvo for the trade. I am sad to not be posting in this forum any more but you may see me around in the XC90 forums as I still have that one going strong and carrying me through the nasty stuff I wouldn't take the LEAF through.

Cheers to all,
    ~Dubhead