Question 2014 XC60 T6 Hitch

Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone has any opinions on installing a tow hitch on the newly designed 2014 Volvo XC60 T6. The dealer suggests that the rear bumper needs to be cut for the installation to take place. Is this correct? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Indeed, all of the newer XC70 and XC60 require a notching in the bumper for the installation.

Not too much of a big deal and can be done yourself. I had the dealer do it for me.

On the other hand, I did it myself on my 2004 XC70.
    2013 XC70 T6, Premier Plus, BLIS Black/Black 18K miles, stock
    2004 XC70 Premium, Convenience, Climate Blue/Tan 122K miles, 2007+ ABL lights, IPD sways F & R, TME exhaust, SS brake lines, R Brembo calipers & rotors, Akebono ceramic pads F & R (replaced PCV, power steering rack, struts and springs, end links, ball joints, A-arms, all fluids)

Thanks acools, I was hoping that would not be the case. Do you have any photos of your installation? I would hate to alter the aesthetics of my vehicle.

I can take some pictures and post, raining quite heavily now.

You basically notch the bumper under the car and don't really see anything from the rear.
    It doesn't affect the aesthetics, IMHO.
    2013 XC70 T6, Premier Plus, BLIS Black/Black 18K miles, stock
    2004 XC70 Premium, Convenience, Climate Blue/Tan 122K miles, 2007+ ABL lights, IPD sways F & R, TME exhaust, SS brake lines, R Brembo calipers & rotors, Akebono ceramic pads F & R (replaced PCV, power steering rack, struts and springs, end links, ball joints, A-arms, all fluids)

Raining here in Oregon as well! Look forwards to seeing your photos. Thanks.

No you do not need to notch the bumper. The hitch sold by Curt, Hidden Hitch, Draw-Tite et all is the same hitch as the one sold by the Volvo parts department. $139 at Amazon and the instructions clearly show the bumper is not cut. The heat shield needs to be trimmed so you have to lower the exhaust during the install but that is the only cutting.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A2RA9SXXTGVE9R

Thanks for the post. I have already had the dealer install the hitch and electrical connections. They did trim the heat shield and notch the rear valance. It actually looks quite good and does not detract from the aesthetics of the vehicle. However, that said, it would be great if Volvo offered a hitch option with a preformed valance similar to other vehicles on the road. It would look so much cleaner.

Having a hitch installed on my new 2016 XC60 and will be picking up the car from the dealer in a day or two. Hoping it looks as good as the dealer installed hitch on my XC70.
    2006 XC70 Ruby Red, mfg 03/06 (traded)
    2005 S80 Ash Gold, mfg 11/04
    2016 XC60 T6 mfg 04/15

I will be doing a hitch on my just purchased '13 XC60. Stealership wanted over $1k to do hitch and wiring. Will have it done for less than half that at reputable trailer place nearby.