I am almost convinced, regardless of the experts that the main issues with the cars (I am talking abiut used ones not ones that were purchased new) that the Achilles heel is the VC. VC's have a life span in theses cars - Old VC's will have hard silicone in them - and they awill fail and that will lead to a cascade of failures. For example. A bad VC will eventually kill the driveshaft (undersized yolks to begin with) and that is what people will usually hear first. On mine I replaced the shaft only to be presented with another lower thumping sound while on tight turns. Observed that the torque tube (holds the VC) having good mounts would load up and hit the topo of the tunnel. - replaced with a Erie Tork tube and VC did exactly the same thing. I know Erie guarantees it but its still a old/used tube. UNless I can get a low mile TT, I am just going to bite the bullet and get a new one. Angle gear is just fine. It would be the last thing to break. This set is pretty primitive (soviet model it seems) there is no sensor array or data stream like BMW and Audi, the data is main't and using your ear. (i am not taking into account idiots and such that have different tire sizes and the like) I do have to admit I do not know the function of how the TRACS system plays into this - I would appreciate an explanation if possible.

I do wonder how related the forward and reverse are on these transmissions - while all my forward gears (not the trans that needs special fluid) are fine going into revers is sort of surge -y sort of flairs with a soft clung (could be the TT) any thoughts?

Car throws no codes.