Default XC90 Trailer Hitch

I have a 2011 XC90 3.2 L R-design Volvo. Has anybody installed a trailer hitch? I have been told that I would have to cut the rear bumper about 6 inches. Any suggestions?

See Reese or Hidden Hitch instruction on their sites for that info
    2000 F350, 4x4, Crewcab, 7.3L Turbo Powerstroke Diesel
    2005 XC90 2.5T OSD 06/2005

I put a Curt Hitch on mine and there is a small amount that needed to be trimmed but you do not see it from the rear. You would have to get under the bumper to actually see it. If I remember correctly the "notch" was about 1/2" x 3" wide.
    '07 XC90 V8 AWD Ice White w/chrome 18"
    Curt Trailer Hitch
    '03 Nissan Murano AWD Silver

Quote Originally Posted by BikerJohn View Post
    I put a Curt Hitch on mine and there is a small amount that needed to be trimmed but you do not see it from the rear. You would have to get under the bumper to actually see it. If I remember correctly the "notch" was about 1/2" x 3" wide.
    Thanks, I will check them out. This is the XC90 R-Design model which has a larger rear bumper. The standard Volvo XC90 hitch would require 6 inches to be cut on the bumper.

Google "Valley Stealth Hitch"... and scroll halfway down results page for a thread w/ pics.

I just received it yesterday, installing tomorrow along w/ factory module and wiring harness.

Completely hidden. Zero modifications to the bumper.

Send me a PM if you run into supply issues... took me a bit to find all the pieces.

Default XC90 Hitch

Quote Originally Posted by skelzer View Post
    Google "Valley Stealth Hitch"... and scroll halfway down results page for a thread w/ pics.

I just received it yesterday, installing tomorrow along w/ factory module and wiring harness.

Completely hidden. Zero modifications to the bumper.

Send me a PM if you run into supply issues... took me a bit to find all the pieces.
    So how'd the "Stealth Hitch" work out? We have had OEM Volvo hitches on our past V70 T5 and XC70, but we just bought an '06 XC90 and will need to add a hitch asap!
    '06 Volvo XC90 2.5T AWD 115k miles
    '01 Volvo v70 T5 245k miles
    '04 MINI Cooper 145k miles
    '80 International Scout 115 miles
    '01 Volvo XC70 (gone at 100k miles)
    '93 Volvo 850 (gone at 195k miles)