this is a great car... I love driving it BUTTTTTTT

some major problems since new... now has 58k miles..

back gate would not fully open automatically.. took volvo 8-10 weeks to fix it.. no idea of the problem... works great now

had to take rear seats apart for a switch that went bad showing dashboard/ awd problem.. works fine now

just brought in as the ac only worked when moving and the main fan came on at super speed..... after shutting engine.... after 2 miles of driving.. brought to dealer. they think it is a fan module that controls fan activation for both main fan and ac fan... non in stock being shipped in... never have to replace them they say... while reviewing the problem they discovered that an engine mount has gone bad and the vacuum control unit has a new feature (leaking oil)...

Now that is lots of stuff for a 578k mile vehicle.... fortunately they say that the extended warranty will cover the costs... I did not buy the extended warranty they gave it to me after taking almost 3 months to fix a problem listed above.... relating to rear hatch.. nice gesture but almost three months to repair was nuts..!!!!!

in addition they put a new battery in 2 years ago because it was cracked( apparently made by interstate and lots of them have cracks over time... problem is the new battery lasted 2 years and one month.. so no replacement but with the the pro rated value was 200 percent more then buying a better amp battery from auto parts store.

They gave me a new xc90 loaner.. nice interior.. no storage without rear seats down... and does not come close to ride quality of xc70 awd... .. But new cars are a wonderful thing... lots of nice features.... but... I would certainly buy another xc70 (at this time) if the replacement when needed is a volvo....

My biggest concern is the quantity of repairs that a "well built" car has needed since new... and now.... had I not brought it into the dealer for the ac I would have not known about the motor mount(s) and the vacuum pump...

I would lobe a A7 but it costs a jetta to fix WHEN they break... not if....

so many folks are talking about their new sonatas... i know it is not a wagon and not aws but... I have to start looking as I suspect with the Chinese ownership I might want to seriously consider something else... perhaps a lexus...

anyone else having lots of problems with an 08 or 09 xc70?