Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hey guys,

Can't get the brake disc to come off. The guide says to remove the locating pin. Well, heck, I don't appear to HAVE a locating pin. Nowhere to be found.

Any thoughts?

BIG hammer
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

Perfect answer.

Quote Originally Posted by baniels View Post
    Hey guys,

Can't get the brake disc to come off. The guide says to remove the locating pin. Well, heck, I don't appear to HAVE a locating pin. Nowhere to be found.

Any thoughts?
    No locating pins on the rotors on my car either. You don't really need them
    Willy
    144 GL (1974)--->244 GL (1982)--->940 GLE 2.3i (1992)--->XC70 2.5T (2004)--->XC90 T5 (2018)

Thanks guys. We had been trying with a 3 lb mallet, but just not hard enough.

Oddly we ran into some prohibitive trouble removing the top of the sway bar end link. It was odd because one of the first things I did when I bought this car was replace the front end links to get rid of the common knocking sound. It was a pretty easy solo job.

As you probably know, the attachment bolt for the end link must be counter-held with a hex/allen wrench in order to remove the nut (5mm, IIRC). The first half of the nut's outward journey was okay, but after that it became increasingly difficult to turn. First it rounded over one allen wrench. Then it was twisting allen wrenches. Way too much resistance - the little wrenches didn't stand a chance. May end up cutting it off and replacing the end link. Time to do that again anyhow (clunking again).

I think I've got the same problem as you did. Noise sounds the same but mine is loudest between 40-45 mph. Did the new bearings fix your problem?

Wish I could say! We had to throw in the towel. Other circumstances make this a project I can't take my time with. Had a local shop pick it up to finish it off. I will report back when they are finished, hopefully soon.

UPDATE: No doubt this was the wheel bearing. New one installed and the sound has gone away. Thanks for all the help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12