Default messages won't reset, codes, etc.

My car is a 2002 V70 X/C with about 340 000 km. After I moved to Upper Canada, land of limitless bureaucracy, not only does the car need to pass a mechanical inspection, but the garage I took it to claimed that all the lights needed to be out. (I since talked to another garage that was not of the same opinion, but I'll find out after I replace the wheel bearing and take it there)

I've got a number of codes that I can't reset with either the procedure I've found here.

First is

SRS- AIRBAG SERVICE URGENT

TIME FOR REGULAR SERVICE

BULB FAILURE POSITION LIGHT

The SRS message has been present since before I owned the car.
    Time for regular service comes and goes, but I can't make it go away.
    Bulb Failure message came on when a bulb failed, I replaced it (front marker light - slight PITA) and couldn't reset it.

The only SRS- related codes I've got are

SRS-00D4 SRS lamp Faulty signal
    DIM-0003 SRS Faulty circuit

I just got VIDA and DiCE and am still trying to feel my way through it, apparently the manual info is all there, I'm just learning how to navigate it.
    If I do have to shut all these lights off for an inspection, any ideas on how to do it? I haven't tried disconnecting the battery, will that work to erase the history?

A PO had the guage cluster replaced with a Canadian one because he wanted a speedo in km, I'm not sure that the dealership that did it didn't screw it up. (I didn't have good experiences dealing with them for anything other than buying parts)

Anyway, I'm looking for help here. Not being able to get this registered is getting annoying.

Thanks,

Craig

02 Volvo V70 XC - Family hauler
    08 Ford Ranger XL - Sold at 21kkm
    03 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport - Sold at 220kkm
    82 Mazda RX-7 GSL - Fun Car
    92 Toyota Camry - Bartered with 360kkm

Might be your DIM. You can start by using your VIDA/DiCE to turn off the SRS light and see if it returns. Here is a link on the same SRS code

http://www.volvoxc.com/forums/showth...-Faulty-signal
    Past Volvos : 01 V70 T5, 01/02 V70XC, 02 V70 NA, 00 V70XC
    Current EV/Hybrid : 13 Tesla S85, 11 Gen3 Prius
    Friends cars under my care 17 Audi A4 Quattro DSG (B9) 05 Audi A4 Manual 6sp Quattro (B7) 04 e320 V6 Auto, 05 Accord 2.4, 08 Element 2.4, 08 Camry Hybrid
    Past Others : 01/03 VW MK4 Turbo/NA/01M. Gen1 Prius, Gen1 CRV, Gen2 Rav4, 02 Town&Country, 06 Corolla, 12 Audi A4 Quattro (B8), 07 Civic 1.6
    https://sites.google.com/view/howardsvolvos

The funny part is that the SRS light isn't on, and never has been other than startup. The yellow warning light (triangular one in the middle) is the only one on.