Default Parking lights blink for no apparent reason, display reads Alarm Activated Check Car?

This just started today. I was working in the garage for about 10 minutes and thought I saw parking lights on the wife's car (sitting in driveway) blink? I looked at it and sure enough they were blinking, I hit the unlock on the key fob and relocked it, everything locked as norman. Some time later on it started blinking again. This time I had to move the car down the driveway as the work I was doing wouldn't be a good thing for the paint on the XC. When I hit the unlock I noticed the red light center top of dash blinking very quickly, I started the car and the blinking dash top red light stopped? Then I noticed the display read (WTE) "Alarm Activated - Check Car". So I moved the car and locked it. Sometime later it started blinking again. This time I unlocked all doors and opened and re-closed each door including the tailgate. About 30 minutes later I saw the lights blinking again.

Someone out there has had to have had this problem.... Any ideas would be helpful?
    "01" XC70, Polar Blue Metallic, Oak Leather, no 3rd seat, wife's ride.
    "99" Dodge Ram 2500 P/U, QC, 4X4, 8' bed, Cummins, Auto, tweaked a wee bit-522rwhp/998rwtq - my toy.

Perhaps the siren module is defective? Consider you haven't heard the alarm siren going in those cases. There's many posts about the battery in them leaking and causing such trouble...

yep, likely failed battery in siren. I left info here when I did mine

http://howardsvolvos.webs.com/electr....htm#281967813
    Past Volvos : 01 V70 T5, 01/02 V70XC, 02 V70 NA, 00 V70XC
    Current EV/Hybrid : 13 Tesla S85, 11 Gen3 Prius
    Friends cars under my care 17 Audi A4 Quattro DSG (B9) 05 Audi A4 Manual 6sp Quattro (B7) 04 e320 V6 Auto, 05 Accord 2.4, 08 Element 2.4, 08 Camry Hybrid
    Past Others : 01/03 VW MK4 Turbo/NA/01M. Gen1 Prius, Gen1 CRV, Gen2 Rav4, 02 Town&Country, 06 Corolla, 12 Audi A4 Quattro (B8), 07 Civic 1.6
    https://sites.google.com/view/howardsvolvos

Thanks guys. I searched here as suggested by coflynn and found "Matthews" and then howardc64 provided a link to "Howards".

Great stuff guys, I've saved both sites to my /car parts/Volvo bookmarks and will most likely pull the unit and see whats what then go from there. I just hate the idea of giving more money to the dealer for stupid programming so I hope I can fix the existing unit versus buying another and then more$$$....
    "01" XC70, Polar Blue Metallic, Oak Leather, no 3rd seat, wife's ride.
    "99" Dodge Ram 2500 P/U, QC, 4X4, 8' bed, Cummins, Auto, tweaked a wee bit-522rwhp/998rwtq - my toy.