It's time to give my 2001 V70XC some tender loving care, otherwise it's going. So a couple of things I would love some FAQ help with are:
I tend to break my issue down into a couple of areas
1. major mechanical/electrical/repair - Eg. transmission, engines, timing belts etc.
2. minor mechanical/electrical/repair - brakes/struts etc.
3. this little niggles that bug me everyday - cosmetics etc.
My transmission just went - an internal solenoid just went, and I was told the whole trans needs to be replaced. It's funny because, when I bought the car 6 years ago, the salesman said "you shouldn't have any issues with this gearbox, they all seemed to be on the year before". This provided me with some relief at the time, thinking that I was doing the right thing....hahaha. Little did I know. Anyways, onward and upward on the major repairs. $5,900 fitted is what it is going to cost me for a reconditioned transmission through Melbourne City Volvo.
Today I want to address some of the niggles though.
1. The doors vibrate when I add some bass to my music...almost as if some internal clips have either broken or come away from the door frame.
2. I seem to have this cyclic, electronics issue....front left fog light blows, then the electrical issue shifts to the central locking....you lock the doors, then the drivers unlocks, then you lock it again, then it unlocks....then the problem will disappear for about 6 months. In the meantime, the front left fog light will blow again....
...that should do for starters. Any help will be greatly appreciated.