Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs down TASCA Auto Parts

I'm a pretty patient guy. However, not impressed one bit with TASCA.

1. Ordered 2 calipers for $39.50 each. No core charge (good for a guy in Canada where return shipping would be almost that amount).
    2. A few days later, they go "Sorry, there's a $10 core charge on that. Please authorize additional $10 per caliper". I inform them their website says $0 core. They go 'pay up or no order'. In inform them they're not getting the parts back due to shipping costs but whatever. $20. Fine.
    3. Get parts finally (3 weeks later), and they're the wrong frackin parts. Sent me caliper brackets. Not calipers.
    4. At work I call - they have my order number but they need the part number in THE BOX to help. I need to go home and re-check the box for a part number on the parts and call back.

Disappointing because they have really good prices on most of their Volvo parts. Anyone else have similiar experiences?

I had a good experience getting Nivomat shocks from them for my S80.
    Bill
    63 PV544 (attempted restoration)
    83 245 DL OSD (transferred to son)
    85 240 GL OSD (transferred to son)
    03 XC70 OSD (traded-in 4/12)
    05 AWD S80 OSD (transferred to son)
    12 XC70 T6
    16 S60 T5 Drive-E (FWD)

I ordered shocks, struts, and OEM control arms from them a few weeks back, no problems.

I have to add to that. I ordered a ignition cylinder lock for my 2005xc70. One month in 2 days. No news, no return to all my messages. No answer to the phones. What is that s..... Is anybody here that are close to them. Rockauto had a wwwwwaaaaayyyyyyy better customer service than thay have. Last time I buy from them. stay away.
    It was the first...would be the last....

I had problems with them too. Poor customer service. Wrong parts shipped even with VIN number.
    I ordered from Boston Volvo yesterday. Got the parts today in central Ohio! They had Volvo drop ship direct to me. Give them a try.

When I used Tasca, I had no issues and it was a fairly eclectic order; however all parts were ordered by Volvo part numbers I looked up in VIDA, not through their catalog system.

You have a look at AutoPartsWay.ca, they are in Canada and ship from a Canadian warehouse.

They may not have everything your looking for, but they were where I got my calipers from when I re-did my brakes. Decent prices, dirt cheap shipping, and yes core charge on the calipers, but it only cost me $25 to ship all (4) back by Canada Post in exchange for $160 in core charge refunds.