Default Imported post

My Volvo dealer told me it would not be possible to install a 803 radio into my 2002 XC70. I am not sure if he is telling the truth because he knows I won't be buying a unit from him since I already got one (very cheap from salvage).
    Any comments if the unit will work in my car? I am sure I will need some software upgrade from Vadis but that should not be the issue.
    Also, any experience what a stealer is usually charging for the complete installation?

I have a '02 XC with a HU-413.

Default Imported post

Vovlo Cars Taiwan offered a retrofit package back in 2002 to celebrate the 75th anniversary.
    Both S60/V70/XC70 owners were able to upgrade to the HU-803 with 9 speakers and 4x50w amps for around US$2,000 (Installation included, but they take back the old HU).

Just FYI.

2002 V70XC w/volvoXC.com stickers! MTE Stage 3+

Thumbs down Imported post

The only problem you might have is that the wiring loom might not support the 803, as for the Vadis update, get it from another dealer. The new radio will also have new key codes that will have to be reprogramed and that can only be done from the dealer.

So if you don't want to be without a radio in your car for a long time, ask another dealer if he can reprogram your radio once you have it installed. I would play on the part that you had to carry out some work on the car and then the radio did not work rather than saying you installed it yourself. I would not have thought they would know if it was standard equipment or not when you took it in for reprograming.

If they can't make $$$$'s out of you, they sure know how to make your life hell, and that is a worldwide problem.