There has been some discussion lately about the differences between the XC70 and the V70 AWD. *My new V70 AWD was shipped (not sure whether from the plant or from the port) this past Sunday, so I thought this an appropriate time to share what differences I expect to notice. *I'll try to remember to report back after I have had the V70 AWD for a while to let y'all know if my expectations were on target.
1. *Lower step-in/sit-down for V70 AWD than for XC70. *I anticipate missing the XC70ís comfortable seat height for ingress and egress.
2. *Lower driverís vantage point for V70 AWD than for XC70. *While I wonít be sitting up quite as high, I donít think it will make much of a difference.
3. *The V70 AWDís lower center of gravity and lower profile, non all-terrain tires will give it better handling than the XC70.
4. *The V70 AWDís lower weight (3646 lbs vs. 3699 lbs) will give it slightly better acceleration than the XC70.
5. *The V70 AWDís smaller mirrors and lack of roof rack will give it lower wind noise than the XC70.
6. *The V70 AWDís all-season tires will give it lower road noise than the XC70ís Scorpions.
7. *The V70 AWD will not be as good in snow as the XC70, primarily due to different tires. (Please refrain from lecturing me about snow tires; they are tough to implement in a financially sensible way when in a one-year lease.)
8. *The V70 AWD will achieve better fuel economy than the XC70 due to many of the above-stated reasons.
9. *I won't miss the XC70ís front fog lamps, console grab handle, "baseball-stitched" leather, greater ground clearance, or Geartronic transmission with Auto-Stick.
10. I might miss the XC70ís larger exterior rear-view mirrors.
11. *I will miss the XC70ís lower monthly payment.