Default T6 Transmission Rebuild

I have a 2005 XC90 T6 and has met its fate like everyone else in this forum. My only recourse is to have it rebuilt by some reputable shop. The only one that is quite famous is Triple Edge Performance in Fort Wayne. They specialize in the 4T65EV type transmision and it cost $1699 for a complete rebuild.

Does anyone know a reputable shop in the San Francisco area? I don't mind paying $3K for removal, rebuild and installation. I like my XC90 and would like to keep it for a long time.

Thank you!

First have you pleaded your case to Volvo?
    Volvo is paying for much of a tranny rebuild in XC90T6s
    You also may need a radiator and cooler and line, they get cross contaminated. It the least you need to do a Glycol test to make sure before doing this or you could be wasting your money!

I bought a T6 a year ago with a blown tranny with 118K miles
    (a well serviced car otherwise).
    Volvo paid for all the parts, all I paid was about $1,200 for labor
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

i agree 100% with JRL. My 05 t6 had the same issue last yr, at 80k miles; and thanks to this forum i learned about Volvo recall on this. First, i was frustrated and with no hope, i couldn't afford 3k for a rebuilt (which by the way is worth it the car if you find a good honest shop, really familiar with volvos) I gave it a try, And since the first call i did to volvo of america, the lady was so nice and did care for me, that i couldn't believe it still. They will tell you to contact your local dealer for an inspection and diagnostic or estimate. In my case, the local service guy was very professional and well knowledged, and help full as well, i couldn't believe it yet, but yes they did it for me!
    With two new borns and only my car in the family, wife wthout a job, was very frustrated at the time, had no chances, even to pay for labor was impossible; and guess what..., they even cover that for us. new trans & the other components like JRL mentiened, with labor.
    I'm sure you like the performance of the t6, like i do, my car has a lot of extrass, like the TVs screens on the headrests, which in my case is big thing (babies on board almost all the time). And honestly, i don't know much about performance or tech, but it feels like a new good running car. And we need it to last in the family as long as possible.
    My advise, base on my own experience: Try Volvo first.... Good Luck.