Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default XC90 clicking sound

I just bought a 2005 XC90 and I am hearing a sound coming from the rear part of the car, inside. It is a high pitched 'click' and it occurs as often as every minute to not at all for 30 minutes. Sometimes, a big bump causes it. Sometimes it is when I am sitting at a light.

Could this be a short in the speakers? Air bag? Battery?
    Mechanical? Maybe the cargo cover ????

Help !!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Volvo mechanic couldn't find it.

Could you ask someone to sit on the rear seats, or in the cargo area to figure out where the click come from? It helped me with a VW, where the rear seats lock mechanism needed some grease.
    My04 XC70 ocean blue, 2.5T petrol, AWD, manual, DSTC, Nokian WR

Default noises

I had the same issue. Have them lube the second row of seats. The dealer says it is very common. Vedry quick and easy fix

thanks, I'll try it. I had the Volvo mechanic sitting in the third row (typically they are down) and the noise wouldn't occur. It follows that it might be that. I'll try it and let you know.........

Quote Originally Posted by golfcookie
    I had the same issue. Have them lube the second row of seats. The dealer says it is very common. Vedry quick and easy fix
    One of my rear seats stuck fast in the upright position recently, but fixed under warrantly. Apparently a known fault.

Default clicking sound

Lubed the entire back of the car, inlcuding exterior window. Nothing helps. It is making the click sound more often now, it even did it when I was loading my son in the car (car off). I think I'll have to have someone drive me around while I sit in the cargo area.

Default Have the same clicking sound

This clicking sound is not coming from the seats. I have sat in the 3rd row seat, with the car in park, engine on, and again with the engine off, to determine where the sound comes from. As best I can tell, the clicking comes from underneath the band of black plastic above the cargo space where the interior roof meets the liftgate, on the passenger side.
    The clicking occurs whether the engine is on or off, and is not consistent. It seems to present itself more on a hot, sunny day. The click occurs, as well, when driving over, say, a sewer cap or small bump in the road, with the right rear tire. Sometimes, the click occurs when turning to the right--but I've heard it when turning left a time or two.
    The click sounds like a relay switch.
    It is NOT the speakers, I have turned the radio off and still get the click. It is NOT the cargo cover, I don't have one! I have heard the click when loading groceries into the cargo space--engine had been off for an hour or so.
    My XC90 is at the dealership now. They are trying to figure this out. (2nd time). I'll let you know if I learn anything. Please do the same if yours is resolved.
    Anyone else?
    Last edited by dachies; 11-14-2005 at 08:22 PM.

Talking XC90 click sound solution!

Hi sorries,
    Is your clicking sound problem solved?
    I have a 2003 XC90 which had the same problem! Yes had!

It has to do with one of the arms of the rear suspension , it seems that when you lift the car for servicing a piece of iron can get out of a plastic bus which then causes the metal click when driving over bumps or uneven roads at slow speed.

My dealer replaced it with a modification (that is what they told me). Modification or just replacement, as long as the problem is solved. And yes it is.

So ask your Volvo dealer, he should be able solve it.

Good luck

Dutchman

did they solve the clicking sound problem? Mine still does it, only more frequently now.........

Default Problem solved

Hi Sorries,

The problem is still solved, sound has not come back!

Did you tell my story to your volvo dealer? According to my dealer it is a known issue that can be solved. ( my car is the prove of it!)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast