Default Deals on new XC70's

My other thread on "should I" isn't generating much enthusiasm, let's see how this goes. The dealer will sell us a new car, spec'ed exactly how we would order it, for $269 over their invoice. Then take off another $1000 for Volvo loyalty, and it starts to sound like a good deal. I haven't been watching, how has XC70 pricing been? Have they had special deals and offers along the way?
    '04 XC70, Ice White, Taupe. Original owner (196K miles as of may21). 6 wheel bearings, broken ignition switch, broken turbo downtube flange, failed throttle body, many warped rotors, and a myriad of weird crap. Still my favorite car ever.

With the Safe and Secure plan, $500 over invoice seems to be standard and is what we got along with the Loyalty last year. Makes it very attractive to purchase another XC70!
    I haven't heard of anything different.-Dick
    '11 XC70 Silver/Off Black-Hers
    '03 XC70 Silver/Charcoal-His
    '99 XC70 Silver/Charcoal -Granddaughter's
    '87 740GLE Junk Yard@287K miles
    2013 Porsche Boxster
    2017 Porsche C4S

Default Just Bought One

We just came home with a 2012 and we negotiated right around invoice price. I would imagine that anything within a few hundred of invoice would be good.

Profit of $500 or less for dealership is very reasonable IMO. If you special order it's possible to negotiate some very good prices for accessories. In my case I was able to get the Blind Assist front camera Port installed for $550 vs. $755 and the Polestar Port installed for $990 vs. $1495. Also many other accessories were very well priced well below retail pricing. The $1,000 Volvo loyalty discount helps as well of course -- but check when this offer expires.

It is a good time to buy a new XC70.
    Regards -- Barry Sharp
    ==============
    Current: MY2012 XC70 T6/Twi Bronze/Espresso Brown/Polestar/Platinum/BLIS/Tech/ABL/Scuff Plates/Front&Rear cameras
    Traded 2011 C30 R-Design
    Son's '01 S60 2.3L T5,Maya Gold,96Kmi
    Son's '03 XC70 Platinum Green (OSD)
    Daughter#1 2011 XC60
    Daughter#2 2010 XC90
    SOLD '86 745 GLE 6-Cyl-Turbo Diesel,Graphite,255Kmi
    SOLD '03 XC70 to my son
    SOLD '03 XC70, '04 S60R, '07 S60R

Quote Originally Posted by barrysharp View Post
    Profit of $500 or less for dealership is very reasonable IMO. If you special order it's possible to negotiate some very good prices for accessories. In my case I was able to get the Blind Assist front camera Port installed for $550 vs. $755 and the Polestar Port installed for $990 vs. $1495. Also many other accessories were very well priced well below retail pricing. The $1,000 Volvo loyalty discount helps as well of course -- but check when this offer expires.

It is a good time to buy a new XC70.
    $500 (or less) profit for a dealership is a joke and would NEVER keep the doors open. Fortunately for them Volvo kicks them back up to G's on every car (depending on volume) to make it reasonably lucrative. Shoot for invoice. You can get that anywhere unless there's a car shortage.

Decades ago someone discovered how to obtain the invoice pricing.
    Automobile manufacturers not being stupid corporate entities quickly learned how to deal with that by kickbacks and incentive programs.
    Here is what you know, if the Dealership sells you the vehicle, they are making a profit, if the Dealership won't sell you the vehicle, they woukd not make profit or not enough to sustain operation. That's all you know!-Dick
    Last edited by budrichard; 05-03-2012 at 04:56 AM.
    '11 XC70 Silver/Off Black-Hers
    '03 XC70 Silver/Charcoal-His
    '99 XC70 Silver/Charcoal -Granddaughter's
    '87 740GLE Junk Yard@287K miles
    2013 Porsche Boxster
    2017 Porsche C4S

Quote Originally Posted by michaelp4283 View Post
    <<snip>>

Shoot for invoice. You can get that anywhere unless there's a car shortage.
    I agree.

I am waiting on an order for a '12 XC70 which I am paying $100 over invoice.
    LEP