Default Buzzing/ whirring from climate control.

Hi folks, I would like to know if anyone here has the same condition with their XC. Upon hooking up a new battery to the eXCtate car I heard a whirring noise coming from the dash. I used a hose and tracked it to the climate control panel. Specifically the 3 slots above the passenger temp knob. It sounds like a low speed fan.

I pulled fuse no. 24 (climate control,instrument panel,driver seat) and it stopped immediately. Reinstalling the fuse started the noise again. It went off after about 10 minutes. Is this normal for an XC? I'm mostly worried about a parasitic draw on my new battery.

Any advice/experience would be appreciated.

Is it the fan motor?
    These are notorious for failing early and they can make noises only at certain blower speeds.
    I can hear mine going at #3 after that it's fine.
    I have a while, but it will be changed at some point in the next 3-4 months...other things to do first
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

It does sound like a fan. However the noise happens with battery connected and no key in the ignition. It goes off after 10 minutes.

I initially suspected a short based on the whole possum situation(eXCtate car thread) When the car is running the fan works at all speeds like you would expect.

I'm just wondering if I'm worried about a non-issue for a condition that all XCs exhibit. Based on this particular noise when I first installed the battery, I have been disconnecting the negative cable so as not to run down the battery. After it went off today I think it might be normal or OK. I just don't want to discharge a new battery unnecessarily.

Temperature sensor, it's those little slot located on the console. There is a little fan in there that suck-in air from the cabin for a reading. You can try using a vacuum to get some of the dust out.
    2005 XC70 Crystal Green | Hilton | 16T | Bad Swede | 130k miles