I have a 2006 S80 AWD that we purchased over the summer.It replaced a Jeep Grand Cherokee. I thought since we have a Suburban to haul things in, having two sedans would not be a bad thing. I am not happy with this car. It seems like Volvo, which rocked on both the '04 S60 and the '02 XC70 just did not get the S80 right. We are getting dismal mileage onthe 2.5 T engine and things just fall off the car! We lost a piece of trim the other day! I am thinking of bringing it back to the Volvo dealer and trading it in on a 2008 XC90 - the wife does not like the XC70 wagon shape and like the SUV shape of the XC90 better.
My questions are:
1) Does it make sense to look for the V8 instead of the 3.2? If the price was the same, which would you buy?
2) What major issues are there with these cars? I know about the older ones and the transmission issues - just like the driveshaft issues on the older V70XCs. What are the breakdown points of this vehicle?
3) Are there options to stay away from (HID lights, etc?)
4) How has the long term experience been with the 3.2 and with the 4.4?
5) Would you trade the XC90 in for a Lexus RX350 if you had the chance? Would youtrade a Lexus in for the Volvo?
Thanks a lot!