Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dealer ripoff

Default Imported post

$595 at Westport Volvo here in Connecticut for a very lame looking wood looking plastic panel overlay.

I was flabbergasted.  It looked so tacky, and parts were starting to peel off.  It covered the whole stereo panel and around all

This is not the kind of trickery Volvo will make a name for itself with!!

Default Imported post

Gundo are you saying that you got this installed or just that this is the price of the part?  
    MY2002 - V70XC
    Nautic Blue/Graphite

Art is offline Senior Member & VolvoXC.com Supporter

Default Imported post

I've often wondered myself about the aluminum trim pieces such as the ones found in the O.R.E.'s and whether or not the O.E.M. aluminum kit is an actual replacement or just the faux peel-and-stick variety. Dealer here sells them individually at $80 Cdn. a piece for each of the four door panels and glove compartment.

Exclamation Imported post

They really do look great those alu trim pieces, $80 a piece hmmmm
    2008 V70 2.4 Classic Sports Edition

Default Imported post

Yeah I think if you have a graphite interior they would look pretty good, certainly much better than the fake wood, which looks lame with graphite.

On the other hand, I don't think this aluminum would look good with sand or beige.
    MY2002 - V70XC
    Nautic Blue/Graphite

Cool Imported post

I'm really tempted to try it though! The fake wood I really don't like. Wish I could see it for real in an other car first....

Anybody with brown leather/alu combo and some good pics?

Default Imported post

pico that's $80 Canadian, BTW. Less $$ for the part here in the U.S. You might want to give your dealer a call to see if they have a car with the aluminum trim in it...
    MY2002 - V70XC
    Nautic Blue/Graphite

Default Imported post

those parts are all right out of the S60 parts bin, so take a look at the S60's your dealer has on the lot, you'll probably find one with these preinstalled.

They're definitely on my list, but with one hesitation. I heard one user complaining because the front two door strips were getting dented from the seatbelts hitting against them, I presume when the occupant was letting go of the belt carelessly, something I'm prone to doing. Will just have to learn to be more careful, probably not a bad thing
    01 V70XC/Silver/Graphite/Touring & Versatility Packs/No Mods
    Servoweb Technologies developers of web stuff...
    Paddle Surf Canada
    CanSkier.com Skier Community

Default Imported post

Well, I happen to like the fake wood.  My guess it that the aluminum is also fake just like the grab handle.  I noticed a pen head spot where that aluminum has come off.  
    Hey guys, lets face it, it's all fake except for the gray plastic.  This is a Volvo and not a Jaguar, after all.  I put this fake wood on myself for 165.00 off eBay.  At the time of this picture a new cup holder was on order, so I did not cover it.
    '01 XC/Ash Gold-Taupe/Cold Wthr,Touring,Prem,Sun Rf and Versatility.

Default Imported post

Hi Philip, it's not so much the fake wood itself I don't like, but the combo with the brown leather, the alu grabb handle and alu handbrake knob. I'd like it to be more "color-coordinated" (for lack of a better word)
    By replacing (in due time) the fake wood with the alu trim pieces I hope to achieve that "color-coordinated" look...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast