Default Volvo rear wiring

I was changing a rear tail lamp the other day, and found this plug under the left rear truck space... I got all excited because I thought it might be Sub pre-wiring, but I'm not sure what it is.

I'm thinking maybe CD player carousel but doens't look like enough conductors on the plug....

Does not appear to be either. The changer connections are a little
    round mini DIN and a 2 pin power connector. And it's not for a sub.
    ( The '98-'00 Gen 1's didn't have a sub option. Sorry. )

Looks more like the socket pattern for a relay.
    Not sure what for. I don't see it in my '98 or the diagrams.
    Looks stock, though. Hmmmm.....

What year is your XC, Snowdude?

'98 " Last of the Good Ones!" V70 R
    Upsolute ECU - E-Codes/SilverStars - ArcticGrade Oil Lines - HD SkidPlate - Spoiler - XC Grill -

It is not audio and the power antenna lead that can be found on X70's back there is a green/red and black wire in another type connector and that is what CD changer used for power supply.. I have found that connector under the floor rail before but I have never found it used. It may be trailer wiring related but I don't recall using it on a car I added OEM trailer wiring kit to. I wonder if it is for rear heated seats that was offered on these models in some markets.
    on edit: It may also be a diesel related wiring harness. Diesels have a heater in tank to prevent fuel waxing and those weren't sold in North America.

Quote Originally Posted by cattlecar View Post
    It is not audio and the power antenna lead that can be found on X70's back there is a green/red and black wire in another type connector and that is what CD changer used for power supply.. I have found that connector under the floor rail before but I have never found it used. It may be trailer wiring related but I don't recall using it on a car I added OEM trailer wiring kit to. I wonder if it is for rear heated seats that was offered on these models in some markets.
    on edit: It may also be a diesel related wiring harness. Diesels have a heater in tank to prevent fuel waxing and those weren't sold in North America.
    Seems a ways back for the heated seats...
    That was one diagram that I didn't even look at.
    But that yellow lead looks pretty hefty.
    Appears to be a relay harness for something.

Give me a model year and I'll look a bit more!

'98 " Last of the Good Ones!" V70 R
    Upsolute ECU - E-Codes/SilverStars - ArcticGrade Oil Lines - HD SkidPlate - Spoiler - XC Grill -