Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

TascaParts shows a separate part:

http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocato...layCatalogid=0

Call for price (I have no interest in Tasca, but they have a good illustrated parts breakdown).
    Denis
    Bellingham, WA
    2006 V70 2.5T

It also depends on what he means by "broken". Is the "door opener" actually physically broken (i.e., the plastic is cracked, etc), or is it just not doing it's job of opening the door?

Like others, I've had the problem where the interior "door opener" becomes disengaged and fails to open the door. I tried several things to fix the problem (JB weld, for one), but they all turned out to be temporary. I finally settled on a permanent solution once I actually took some time to think about why it was coming undone. My problem was that part of one of the plastic tabs that holds the wire assembly in place had broken, allowing the piece to pop out of place. A very small c-clamp now holds that piece in place and I haven't had any problems since then. (I've also heard of others using a large, black fold-back clip - the kind with the silver "handles" - to slip down over the assembly.

To all that posted to my orignal thread. Thanks! It was "the thing you pull to open the door latch". I took the door panel apart to find the pastic part had broken so the cable would not seat in the handle. I also figured out that the entire interior panel pictured below had to be replaced. I called Erie Vo Vo at Astro14 suggestion, all they needed was the model, year and color code. It arrived within a week and took about 20 minutes to replace.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12