Smile Driver door wiring harness

1999 Volvo V70XC

My windows stopped working, thought it was the master switch but turned out to be a bad ground wire. I ran a wire from the battery's negative terminal directly to the master switch and it functioned normally.

The wiring from the door runs through a rubber tube to the body. When I wiggle the tube all kinds of things happen: locks lock, courtesy light goes off and on, etc. Not sure if I am dealing with broken wires or loose connectors.

The rubber tube on the body side has a set screw securing a ring: do I just remove the set screw and turn the ring to access the wiring? Where are the body side connectors and how do I access them to clean them up?

Thanks! I've learned a lot from this forum.

EDIT: Silly me. There is a bulkhead connector on the body which a connector on the cable plugs into. There is a screw-on ring which tightens down on the connector and a setscrew to hold it fixed. I just had to tighten everything up and now the windows work. Initially I was afraid there was a bundle of wires running through the rubber tube and I didn't want to damage them.
    Last edited by wheezewiz; 04-14-2012 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Solved