Default Brake fluid change price

Hi all,

Just got quoted £190 by North London Volvo to replace the brake fluid in our 2009 '52 XC70 (2nd service). Pretty sure this is an absolute rip-off (for comparison, Audi quote £49 flat rate to do this)...if I go to an independent, will this screw our warranty?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwishamoo View Post
    Hi all,

Just got quoted £190 by North London Volvo to replace the brake fluid in our 2009 '52 XC70 (2nd service). Pretty sure this is an absolute rip-off (for comparison, Audi quote £49 flat rate to do this)...if I go to an independent, will this screw our warranty?

Cheers
    OUCH!

I don't believe it will 'screw up' your warranty, provided it is a recognised garage (Business Name) and not some 'back street cheap skate' then you will be OK.

I took our 2009 XC70 to a garage in the village we live in where a full service was considerably less than the price wanted by Volvo, but to make sure it would not invalidate the warranty, I checked with Trading Standards and was advised it was OK if the business was a registered garage and I had not done it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by XCovlov70 View Post
    OUCH!

I don't believe it will 'screw up' your warranty, provided it is a recognised garage (Business Name) and not some 'back street cheap skate' then you will be OK.

I took our 2009 XC70 to a garage in the village we live in where a full service was considerably less than the price wanted by Volvo, but to make sure it would not invalidate the warranty, I checked with Trading Standards and was advised it was OK if the business was a registered garage and I had not done it myself.
    that's great news; a friend recommended a garage in Ealing, so might pop along there to get it done - thanks for the advice!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwishamoo View Post
    that's great news; a friend recommended a garage in Ealing, so might pop along there to get it done - thanks for the advice!
    No problem, glad to help as I don't like getting ripped off either!
    Makes me kind of