Unhappy 04 XC70 just died on me

So i've read a ton and post a few times on this forum specifically to threads with the start stall issue and immobilizer. However i think this problem is being a little different then those.
    Car is an 2004 with 164K miles and in great shape never and issue and regularly maintained. It has only given me one issue. Occasionaly doesn't start. Sometimes pulling the key out and putting it back in fixes the issue. But on some occasions (twice this year so far) left me with no car. It start engine kicks then stalls and says engine management service required. If i wait a couple days its starts and runs fine and throws no codes. Volvo has never been able to pull a code from it. Never been too big of an issue because it always dies in my garage.
    BUT, tonight it left me and 5 of my friends on the side of a road. I noticed the car was getting hot and looked to turn up the a/c to only find no A/C and the fan was blowing hot air. I thought it might be overheating but looked at the gauges and they were all dead. Concerned i applied the brakes and came to a stop. The past has shown me that most problem with this car are resolved by shutting off and pulling key out to restart. So i did but no luck. Eventually after enough tries and after having my dad come out to pick us up it fired and we drove it home into the garage. I've never had this happen were i've lost power and a/c while driving. If i was on the highway this could've been a huge issue.
    Now its going into Volvo in the morning but most likely they will be no help and say it threw no codes.
    Any Suggestions?
    Last question is also i know the car is getting old now and has a ton of highway miles on it but if i have all the service records for the car with complaining about start stall issue from the first year i owned the car new in 2004 do me any good? Lemon Law or Volvo assistance? I had no intent of getting a new car any time soon because outside this issue the car is immaculate. Thanks for your help!

Same thing happened to me today with my 2004 xc70 with 82k. I was driving along and stopped, when I looked down noticed dash was dead! Engine still running but no dash, turns signals, windows ( except passenger), door locks, a/c compressor. Radio, reading lights, headlights, vanity lights in sun shade still worked. We were high up in the mountains about 70 miles from home so I didn't want to turn it off. We drove home without incident and when I got in the garage I turned it off and back on again. And yes, everything works now, except an airbag service warning message. Weird stuff.

Volvo replaced the Computer System and reloaded the brake module's software for a pricey total. Car seems fine now.