Default Anyone Installed Rearview Camera in XC60?

Hi Guys:

Brand new to this forum, so be gentle

I have an XC60 on order. I did not order the rearview camera as it was part of the expensive nav package.

I'm thinking I would like to add my own rearview camera, making use of the car's color monitor.

Is it a question of just buying a camera and plugging it in somewhere or does this car also need a video interface, like the ones sold at navtool.com ?

The Navtool interface also allows you to connect a DVD player, which I don't intend to do.

If I do need the video interface, does anyone know of a cheaper alternative to the Navtool one?

Anyone do this?

All help appreciated.

Regards - Roger

Roger,

I assume from your post that you have a MY11.5 XC60 on order which has the Sensus screen-based system. If so, it was my understanding that one of the advantages of the Sensus system is that you no longer need to option the Sat Nav system in order to have the OEM reversing camera - ie its now a standalone option. At least here in Australia, the reversing camera is now a standalone option which is available as a dealer-fitted accessory. Hope this helps.

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by brissim View Post
    Roger,

I assume from your post that you have a MY11.5 XC60 on order which has the Sensus screen-based system. If so, it was my understanding that one of the advantages of the Sensus system is that you no longer need to option the Sat Nav system in order to have the OEM reversing camera - ie its now a standalone option. At least here in Australia, the reversing camera is now a standalone option which is available as a dealer-fitted accessory. Hope this helps.

Tony
    Thanks Tony:

I will be getting the Sensus based system but, unfortunately, here in the USA, the camera is not a stand alone option and is only available as a package with nav....

I would be curious to know what the dealer charges in Australia to supply/install this option.

Regards - Roger

Did you come up with any solutions for a camera install?

VIDA has the installation guide for the reversing camera for Sensus based systems (it's quite an involved process requiring the removal of much of the centre console and running a cable all the way to the rear!!) and a copy is supplied by Volvo here:http://accessories.volvocars.com/Acc...89-1/XC60_2011. So it must be a dealer fit option and the kit is readily available: http://www.volvopartswebsite.com/OEM.../31359261.html (VIDA lists the camera kit as all of the following possibles: 30756314, 31296156 and 31359261 and they may just be different kits for different VIN numbers). But it will certainly require a linkup with the dealers software to code the car. Its something I'm considering but I'm yet to ask the dealer for their prices - I'd be much happier fitting the kit myself though after the scratches my centre console got the last time I was there.

P.S. Lots of installation instructions for XC60s here: http://accessories.volvocars.com/Acc...Search?query=*

Quote Originally Posted by rogerdodger View Post
    Thanks Tony:

I will be getting the Sensus based system but, unfortunately, here in the USA, the camera is not a stand alone option and is only available as a package with nav....

I would be curious to know what the dealer charges in Australia to supply/install this option.

Regards - Roger
    Thanks for such a great article here. I was searching for something like this for quite a long time and at last I’ve found it on your blog. It was definitely interesting for me to I read about web applications and their market situation nowadays. thanks one more time and keep posting such nice ones in the nearest future too.