Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Well i am no mechanic at all, just doing some of my own work... but i guess if the MAF was bad you should have a code related to a bad MAF...

This code indicated that the ECM itself had an intermittent issue, or i think so.

Is the ECM secure in its socket? How is the battery btw?

Unfortunately if you look closer, Vida says possible source is Defective engine control module (ECM).

hmmmm... I will try to clean the throttle body and clean/replace the MAF and check the battery first.

I will also clean the socket on the ECM as well... hopefully that will clear this up - it is the cheaper alternative. Thanks for looking up that info for me.

Just as a side note... even though I don't have a dICE scanner... I assume my CAN ODBII is picking up the right P code... you just converted what it meant, right?

Thank you so very much for you assistance. Have a good one!

Quote Originally Posted by jderosa3 View Post
    hmmmm... I will try to clean the throttle body and clean/replace the MAF and check the battery first.

I will also clean the socket on the ECM as well... hopefully that will clear this up - it is the cheaper alternative. Thanks for looking up that info for me.

Just as a side note... even though I don't have a dICE scanner... I assume my CAN ODBII is picking up the right P code... you just converted what it meant, right?

Thank you so very much for you assistance. Have a good one!
    No probs, let us know what happens...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12