Default A bullet in the head: '98 @ 280,000 miles - RIP

It's pretty much time. I was fooled by an intermittent oil leak for a bit. I replaced the turbo oil return seals and thought I had it even though they didn't look like the problem. No leak for a bit then return to pretty good leak. Go in for a better look and it looks like rear main seal. Also due for timing belt. And the turbo is blowing oil through. All those together exceed value limit. Sorry old paint, it's glue time. You've done well to get this far though. Never had to go inside the engine or transmission. So my 12 yr old and I shall do a dissection and salvage all useful parts for the '99. Here's hoping there's a lot of crossover. Any comments on major differences?

I have less than 25K miles on the fuel pump, PS pump, distributor cap, less than 50K on O2 sensor, rotors, abs computer, air mass sensor, less than 70K on rear drive shaft, front axles, steering rack, PS hoses, oil cooler lines and the list goes on a bit with diminishing value. I can use a heated seat on my lawn tractor. My son wants the speedo (for his bike?). The computer still works I guess, the radio is fine. Air bags? Probably don't want to mess with those. Exhaust is original.

It was a good ride while it lasted. And it lasted quite a long time. But it's good to drive one that doesn't smell of burnt oil and antifreeze.

Yep. Sounds like it's done and owes you nothing.