I have a 2005 XC90 T6 (124,000 miles) with a potential transmission problem which could fail anytime. I've read some fail at 30,000 more or less and some on their 2nd, 3rd or 4th transmission. Have done flush and don't ride it hard. Used on weekends and for long trips. I know that having Volvo pay for this widely known problem will probably not even happen even with an act of congress.

So, my questions are...has anyone had theirs replaced with a hd rebuilt from a performance shop? I know these are GM transmissions and I have found several sites that sell beefed up hd transmissions for around $1500 give or take. I was thinking to better invest in a known good transmission rather that fight with Volvo and end up with the same type transmission. Any thoughts, any recommendations (shop, prices, vendors, etc.???) I love my XC90 and I think if not for the transmission problem I could get good use out this for much longer.

I have a 2001 Chrysler Sebring Coupe with 345,000 and 1991 Nissan Maxima with 425,000 miles with no major problems (both hard driven)...just the routine maintenance keeps these two running. My Volvo??? OMG! I feel cheated...

Thanks