Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Jerrymcc View Post
    You guys need to clean up your act... I can tell you how the state of New York stepped in and forced them to return close to $600 and got the service manager and the service rep fired...BTW, I am a 79 year old geezer...
    Please Jerry enlighten us and expand on that story.

Who got fired, where and why?
    John, '01 V70 T5
    '04 V70 2.5T

Holy SH*T!
    Someone here older than I am

Jerrymcc Guest

[QUOTE=jda2000;118830]Please Jerry enlighten us and expand on that story.

Who got fired, where and why?[/QUOTE
    I would like to but it is not the proper place for it...Suffice it to say that they messed with the NY State Motor Vehicle inspection folks and got caught in a big lie...I understand from the state agent who handled the case that the dealership paid a big fine...

Jerrymcc Guest

[QUOTE=drinnird;118779]My oil trap doesnt even look like the p2 oil trap. its got a blue round diaphragm looking thing on it I believe. Ill take pics when i get the part in the mail and start the replacement.

Also, on a side note, I found that you can go to this link http://www.ford.com/owner-services/c...ll-information

to see recalls on your volvo just by entering the VIN. Just select "Ford" from the drop down box (theres no volvo selection), and type in your VIN. I only found one recall, which was the vacuum routing label...no oil trap recall listed.[/QUOTE
    It was not a recall...Volvo calls it a "campaign" which means that they volutarily institute the policy...That's why my daughter had to fight for it... They said there was no recall, but when she told them she heard about the 10 year extension campaign, he went and looked it up...He said she was right...He should have known that, he is the expert...

Quote Originally Posted by Jerrymcc View Post
    You guys need to clean up your act...There is not one of us here who did not bring his car in for an oil change and get pressured to go for a $500 or $600 "scheduled maintenance" because it will be due in a couple of months anyway...I could be dead in a couple of months...As for warrantees, the biggest rip-off of the century was the "stop-neutral" issue...They even have the gall to not only to want you to pay for the upgrade, they want extra for acclimation...

I am not new to the Volvo marque, I have owned them since my 1964 122S...This is not the forum for it, I can tell you how the state of New York stepped in and forced them to return close to $600 and got the service manager and the service rep fired...BTW, I am a 79 year old geezer...
    What does all this have to do with the voluntary PCV recall we were discussing? And why & who needs to get their act together?

Jerrymcc Guest

Quote Originally Posted by thebracko View Post
    What does all this have to do with the voluntary PCV recall we were discussing? And why & who needs to get their act together?
    That does not warrant an answer...

Default wow

Ok so new update with dealing with volvo...I caled volvo customer care and gave them my vin. They said there was no campaigns or recalls open for my car. I mentioned the oil trap extended warranty program 205 (for the S series and v50 oil trap), and she said there was nothing like that under my VIN. Sucks.

Also, I called IPD because my parts were not shipped out and to add a B4 servo cover (volvo dealership wanted to charge me $46 for it!!!), because theres some seepage coming from there. They mentioned to me that I ordered the wrong part oil trap because it is for a turbo car. I figured the volvo dealership gave me the wrong part number for my car...So the guy said for non-turbos I need the 2E8714 part number (the rep had me read the serial number sticker off the timing belt cover...but then said its for a turbo car, which I do not have...I mentioned it was a NA 2.4 and he said I need the non-turbo part number and gave me 2E8714).

We will see once my intake manifold is off...Either way, both items are on backorder and ill have to wait for about a week for those parts to be shipped.

Quote: "Also, on a side note, I found that you can go to this link http://www.ford.com/owner-services/c...ll-information

to see recalls on your volvo just by entering the VIN. Just select "Ford" from the drop down box (theres no volvo selection), and type in your VIN. I only found one recall, which was the vacuum routing label...no oil trap recall listed."

I tried the Ford recall site and it returned my car with no recalls. I know there is one because I have the letter notifying me about the fuel pump recall. I haven't been to the dealer yet so it is still to be done. So the site is not perfect.
    Last edited by wgriswold; 08-24-2010 at 11:25 AM. Reason: marked quoted passage
    Wait Griswold
    2003 XC70
    South Lake Tahoe, CA

Default What a pita!

So I replaced my PCV breather box and associated hoses today (I also replaced the B4 servo cover--another big PITA). I was so frustrated after the b4 servo cover that I forgot to take pictures for the initial removal for the breather box. So here are the ones in mid process, but you really didnt miss much.

First things first is remove fuse #33 to fuel pump in the drivers side fuse panel. start car and wait till it dies from lack of fuel.

pop the engine spark plugs cover, belt cover, and fuel rail cover off with the torx screws.

unscrew the black fuel rail disconnect and pop off the locking piece. unscrew the 2 fuel rail screws and disconnect the electrical connectors. Pull the rail out.

Remove the pcv hose that goes to the crankcase

The image above shows the screws you will have to remove to get the intake manifold off on my car. Notice on the far left there is bolt still in the engine head. Apparently, this bolt can only come out after you take off the coolant hose intake connection. However, I just wiggled the manifold up and down to loosen the bolt (thank heavens). I also found that i wasnt the only one with trouble removing that bolt (or tightening it), as I found a snap-on swivel socket sitting under it on the engine block.

You will also have to remove the screw under the intake manifold that is screwed to the bracket in picture number three. You can get to it from above and feeling your way down there.

Just remove the screws, remove the air intake hose and the big vacuum hose with the green clampy things. I left the other vacuum lines on and just moved the intake to the right side of the engine compartment.

You can now work on removing the breather box...Just refer to the first picture for the location of the screws. You will also have to break off the volvo clamps to remove the hoses.

Here is the breather box for a non-turbo. IPD sent the right part. They also sent me a handful of injector o-rings with the set. However, no hose clamps, so I had to buy a few from kragen.

To remove the breather box, there is a bolt hidden under the intake manifold bracket. Remove it to find it. Theres also another bolt in the first picture that you have to remove (box is held on by two bolts).

After you got your clamps and hoses on, reverse the directions to get everything back on.

This job sucked...I mean, really sucked. I was pissed off with the bolt near the coolant inlet, and remained pissed off till I was finished. I dont think I ever want to do it again, but oh well. I might have to since I broke an intake bolt off trying to torque it to the right specs...just hand tighten it is my recommendation...however no leaks yet!
    Last edited by drinnird; 08-29-2010 at 10:17 PM. Reason: additional stuff

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123